• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post Xmas Crash Diet

I just started RFL today [MENTION=9034]kaz[/MENTION]; what day are you up to?

Please read the WHOLE book. Little things like no cardio make a big difference. I have no idea why anyone would waste their energy on cardio when on crazy low cals anyway.

For others, there isn't a calorie target, there is a minimum protein to hit and otherwise basically nothing except fibrous veg and EFA's.

I personally think that it is only suitable for people who fit into the category 1 class so that it is short term.

The other thing to keep in mind is that resistance training is going to need to be modified if you are doing relatively high volume. It has some recommendations in the book but is a little vague for people already training. I'd say upping the intensity a bit and dropping the volume would be a good thing.

My first meal today was 100g ham, onion, mushroom and 500g egg whites with some seasoning and no sugar bbq sauce.
I weighed in at 87.7kg this morning. In the past when I've done it, I normally drop about 4-5kg with a portion of that obviously water. My targets work out to be around 1500-1800 cal deficit per day typically.

Ive read it back to front..... but never bothered with it.

Ive stuck to around 1800 cal monday -Friday for the few months or so. Lost 20kg and minimal muscle loss

Il give it a go in the future if i need to cut weight for a bout

You get used to the low cals real quick, and i train "Cardio" 6 days a week and some times twice a day ontop of lifting.

Boxing is more HIIT i reckon but

Good luck all

Ive read it back to front..... but never bothered with it.

Ive stuck to around 1800 cal monday -Friday for the few months or so. Lost 20kg and minimal muscle loss

Il give it a go in the future if i need to cut weight for a bout

You get used to the low cals real quick, and i train "Cardio" 6 days a week and some times twice a day ontop of lifting.

Boxing is more HIIT i reckon but

Good luck all

1800 calories, cardio, and lifting and minimal loss of muscle?

are you either short or carry less muscle?

do you know what your fat free mass would be?

if you are consuming a NET amount of 1200-1400 with minimal muscle wastage and not very short, or small, I want to know your secret!

I read the handbook and the Guide to Flexible Dieting after reading this thread, it seems to be best for those who are category 1 and trying to get that last bit off, or the very much category 3 obese people who need a real kickstart to their weight loss. It reminds me of the Cohen diet that used to get around to some degree. I agree that you really need to read the whole book though.

1800 calories, cardio, and lifting and minimal loss of muscle?

are you either short or carry less muscle?

do you know what your fat free mass would be?

if you are consuming a NET amount of 1200-1400 with minimal muscle wastage and not very short, or small, I want to know your secret!

From my October 2013 DEXA scan my fat free mass was 73.083

Yer pretty short mate, about 5'7 i think

I have increased my muscle mass quite a bit since then too, first time im actually starting to look quite muscular.

Heading in for another scan next week but i rekon im still 15% body fat atleast mabey even more, i was 25.6% in the October scan hahah fat kunce, total mass was 98kg so that 25kg of fat mass

I tried to eat at the calories they set me but weight would not budge, kept dropping till i found a steady weight loss

im going to bump up to 2200 for the next 2 months and see what happens

Last edited:
1 week in on a 1 month(min) keto, 1st target is to drop 5 % body fat (12kg) - down 3kg so far
will see how long I can keep it up during the year

my fat free mass is 85.9 kg, up 1.4kg from last year and 7.5kg from 2012
(dexa 2 weeks ago)

Last edited:
1 week in on a 1 month(min) keto, 1st target is to drop 5 % body fat (12kg) - down 3kg so far
will see how long I can keep it up during the year

my fat free mass is 85.9 kg, up 1.4kg from last year and 7.5kg from 2012
(dexa 2 weeks ago)

I Saw in your other post you were eating blueberries and Greek yogurt on your protein pancakes?

how many carbs are you eating a day?

whats your macro split?

I just started RFL today [MENTION=9034]kaz[/MENTION]; what day are you up to?

Please read the WHOLE book. Little things like no cardio make a big difference. I have no idea why anyone would waste their energy on cardio when on crazy low cals anyway.

For others, there isn't a calorie target, there is a minimum protein to hit and otherwise basically nothing except fibrous veg and EFA's.

I personally think that it is only suitable for people who fit into the category 1 class so that it is short term.

The other thing to keep in mind is that resistance training is going to need to be modified if you are doing relatively high volume. It has some recommendations in the book but is a little vague for people already training. I'd say upping the intensity a bit and dropping the volume would be a good thing.

My first meal today was 100g ham, onion, mushroom and 500g egg whites with some seasoning and no sugar bbq sauce.
I weighed in at 87.7kg this morning. In the past when I've done it, I normally drop about 4-5kg with a portion of that obviously water. My targets work out to be around 1500-1800 cal deficit per day typically.
Hi Jz!

I did a full 10 days on the diet with a minimal refeed and lost 2kg. I guestimated myself a Cat 2.
Looking to do it again when I get back from NZ.

Backbfrom cruise today. Starting diet again tomorrow. Seriously cant wait to get back into salads and lean meats!!

I really got to read the "moving into maintenance " section. I had indigestion and bloating for 4 days after starting to eat normally again.

I am following a different protocol, but down 7kg in 2.5 weeks.

i am eating keto, but using bulletproof fasting (16 hour fast, but with bulletproof coffee in morning) then protein and fats 4pm-10pm.

have been training with weights approx 2pm, then 1 hour low intensity cardio after then breaking fast with protein.

not sure if I will continue as much cardio, my posterial chain is super tight and saw. My calves and hammies are like rocks. I stretch for ten minutes post cardio.