• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pre workout and Protein Advice

its ok. I guess.
it gives you a full on kick and the beta alanine gives you that full on tingley itchy feeling..
I only been doing 1 scoop and i notice it does effect me.
Other than the feeling i dont really notice anything major as far as pump goes or strength.

Kinda why im looking at other stuff to try.
Maybe mix my own pre workout etc. Tried a few different brands etc.
The evolve pump action actually was good the first time i had it.
Then a bunch of shit was taken out and never got the same feeling, kick and pump i did the first time around.

Started focusing on heaps more regarding diet.
I burn ****loads of calories due to kickboxing, cardio etc.
So i have to eat a pretty ****ing huge amount of food to not drop stupid amounts of weight.

The first time i tried jacked it it felt like i should be in a nightclub, didnt notice any additional pumps but the focus was fantastic. I trained like a maniac for the 1st week then it died off, now i m using Overdose by NRG-X labs. It gives me energy, without the sketchiness of jacked and the pumps are fantastic

looks good.
and its cheap.
I thought obviously about mixing stuff myself
But i really dont know eenough about it.
Ive been reading up alot lately but still need to do more research before i go down this road.

Right now its
Diet(LOTS AND LOTS OF FOOD)
Fish oil
Multi
Pre work out sup
Xtend during workout
Protein

and looking to start making my own pre workout mix

Figure its gotta have
Creatine
BETA ALANINE
L ARGININE
just from reading labels on older stuff.

Just very quickly let us look outside the box for a second and also let us not believe every word we read on a product's label. An example here would be in regard to creatine since you said
Figure its gotta have
My answer is no it does not have to have and certainly not necessarily in the dosage advertised on the tub of whatever it is you're buying.

Creatine: I'd be concerned with timing as well as dosages. For example, I'd take creatine (irrespective of type since that's a personal preference) after training and not before. Why? Because creatine plays a part in water shifting, not something you want taking place before your workout. After the workout, WMS+ Creatine would go hand in hand and quickly into the mainly worked muscles as muscle glycogen.

Just a quicky I thought...

Fadi.

Just very quickly let us look outside the box for a second and also let us not believe every word we read on a product's label. An example here would be in regard to creatine since you said My answer is no it does not have to have and certainly not necessarily in the dosage advertised on the tub of whatever it is you're buying.

Creatine: I'd be concerned with timing as well as dosages. For example, I'd take creatine (irrespective of type since that's a personal preference) after training and not before. Why? Because creatine plays a part in water shifting, not something you want taking place before your workout. After the workout, WMS+ Creatine would go hand in hand and quickly into the mainly worked muscles as muscle glycogen.

Just a quicky I thought...

Fadi.

Yeh i read a few posts think from you saying this.

Seems to be so many different opinions etc on when stuff should be taken.

Never have had a look but is there various pre workout and after workout sups that are creatine based? ive never had anything after workout other than protein.

is it worth taking it before and after?

Yeh i read a few posts think from you saying this.

Seems to be so many different opinions etc on when stuff should be taken.

Never have had a look but is there various pre workout and after workout sups that are creatine based? ive never had anything after workout other than protein.

is it worth taking it before and after?

After a workout my main concern would be replenishing my glycogen stores and priming my muscles for growth; that is achieved by emphasising carbs over protein with no fat in sight at that particular moment in time. Please take a look at my "Diet" #1: A 2200 CALORIE FOOD PLAN for an idea of what I'm talking about here. Thank you.

Fadi.

The only really good thing about Xtend is the taste BCAA/EAA's normally taste like dirty acid but I could drink xtend all day - tastes great.