• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Problem Chest

J

jackedfibres09

Ok so I've been trying to hit my chest with all different types of workouts but I'm still not seeing any good results. Everything else is coming along fine, so does this mean I just have to accept that my chest sucks due to genetics? I was real skinny before I started lifting and have a fast metabolism. Anyone experienced the same thing and found something that worked or got any suggestions?:confused:

My brother has a similar build, his arms, legs and shoulders gain size easily, whilst his back and chest don't get as big. I think it is a genetic thing. His chest workout consists mainly a combo of incline/decline bench with the smith machine and lots of regular bench.

My brother has a similar build, his arms, legs and shoulders gain size easily, whilst his back and chest don't get as big. I think it is a genetic thing. His chest workout consists mainly a combo of incline/decline bench with the smith machine and lots of regular bench.
Dat der Smith Machine no good bro.

First things first.

are your shoulders and triceps well developed?

if so, chance are your bench and pressing form is hitting the wrong muscles.

make sure your scapula is retracted, chest out and you are recruiting the correct muscle fibres.

if form is all good, then incorporate both heavy compound and high volume isolation work, from different angles

if all the above is in place, then yes...... Genetics are limiting you

Stop doing complex workouts. Go back to one or two compound exercises and focus on lifting more weight. Get a big bench then see if your chest is still a problem.

Farken sherk and his necro bumps... Kunce be helping a brother out with a 5 year old problem

First things first.

are your shoulders and triceps well developed?

if so, chance are your bench and pressing form is hitting the wrong muscles.

make sure your scapula is retracted, chest out and you are recruiting the correct muscle fibres.

if form is all good, then incorporate both heavy compound and high volume isolation work, from different angles

if all the above is in place, then yes...... Genetics are limiting you

love your contribution, top notch.

but this genetics word, is just a copout and an excuse.

anyone can dictate their own fibres, with 10yrs of training. so genetics is BS!
Dictate your own genetics! through hard work and adapting.

my chest and tri's are pretty huge, and my back and bi's pretty lacking imo.

yes its totally to do with muscle recruitment in the excercise

Old thread but still useful
I've brought mine up with very high reps. 15-20 reps per set. I find incline bench and dumbbell flies work best

I very rarely if ever do flat bench work, and never decline.

i typically hurt my shoulders in flat position, and can feel my chest contract properly doing all incline work.

I reckon Incline is the best for chest development - gotta get it right though or it will smash the front of the shoulders....

I will sometimes do some decline just to change it up - might give it a crack next time I train chest....

I reckon Incline is the best for chest development - gotta get it right though or it will smash the front of the shoulders....

I will sometimes do some decline just to change it up - might give it a crack next time I train chest....
As I struggle to retract my scapula in the flat position, I feel my front delts more on flat than incline. I seem to be able to get into a better position at a 45 degree angle