• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Problem Chest

J

jackedfibres09

Ok so I've been trying to hit my chest with all different types of workouts but I'm still not seeing any good results. Everything else is coming along fine, so does this mean I just have to accept that my chest sucks due to genetics? I was real skinny before I started lifting and have a fast metabolism. Anyone experienced the same thing and found something that worked or got any suggestions?:confused:

You aint seeing results because you keep changhing your workouts. Stick to one for 6-8 weeks and then see if i works.
Try this.

Flat bench - 3 x 8 reps
Incline Dumbell Press - 3 x 8 reps
Weighted Dips - 3 x 8 reps. (elbows out and lean forward)

Stick to that for 6-8 weeks.

Most bodybuilders do 10-12 reps generally some even do as many as 15. I used to train that way and it didnt work for me. I think everyone responds differently I work better with 4-6 reps. You should experiment with the weight and rep range until you find what your body responds too best.

I found my chest took ages to develop when i first started lifting. Best results were obtained using heavy weights and doing 3 sets of 4-6 reps, always failing on the 6th.

The 4 exercises I used in this workout were Flat Bench, Incline Dumbell Press, Weighted Dips and Dumbell Flys. If you're using heavy weights its a good idea to ask a trainer/gym employee to check your form is correct so you wont do yourself an injury.

Stick to this workout for 6-8 weeks, 3 times a week and you're laughing.

Also use freeweights, you'll find that you require more muscles to support the free range of movement, and as long as you have good form you'll get better results.

Avoid circuit type machines, they are for people who are over 65 or injured :)

It's funny how everyone is different, chest came easy to me, I do bench press machine, incline DB press, pec fly machine & close grip bench too.

Just stick to it and lift hard, if you are getting gains everywhere else you are obviously eating right so hang in there and it'll come

thanks for all the help! I've always been doing around 12-8 reps but I've just started doing 4-8 with heavy weights to failure for the past 6-8weeks. I am getting some small results but maybe my chest is just slower so I guess I got to be patient. But since I changed my rep range for everything I'm seeing awesome results everywhere else and people are noticing which is nice.

I had the same problem mate. Only thing that got my chest growing was to hit it hard and to failure every time. I do flat bench 5-8 reps 4 sets. Then I do incline flies, then decline flies 2 sets each 5-8 reps. Then what really gets my chest growing is after all of that doing 20 push ups, finishing with push ups on knees. After that my chest is pumped and hurting like a mother ****er.

Give it a shot, even just trying to finish your chest workout with push ups to really get it to failure.

Ok so I've been trying to hit my chest with all different types of workouts but I'm still not seeing any good results. Everything else is coming along fine, so does this mean I just have to accept that my chest sucks due to genetics? I was real skinny before I started lifting and have a fast metabolism. Anyone experienced the same thing and found something that worked or got any suggestions?:confused:

How does your chest "suck" is it size? strength? shape?

there are certain exercises that help with Strength and shape...so which is it or is it all of them lol

standing cable flys and peck deck help with good shape, along with decline bench - that gives good bottom peck shape.

as for strength the main strength gaining exercises i've found are Decline/Incline and I use flat for my endurance - doing press ups help a lot with bench press.