• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

prohormone

I can't believe this thread is still going.

Lift heavy! Eat lots!

Squat, deadlift, press, bench, row, chin, do that three times a week for a year, eat lots of fresh fruit and vegies, nuts and beans, some meat, fish and dairy, if you're ever hungry you're not eating enough, do that for a year and if you're not heaps stronger and more muscular than before, okay go get drugs.

Take this crap and it has long-lasting bad effects on you. Why? Guess what? You're not an endocrinologist, popping this crap into you without years of study first is about as smart as attempting brain surgery.

It's hard and nasty, but there ain't no shortcuts past Hard Work Road.

but for that matter (and i don't wana start anything, so don't get ideas anyone), in Sri Lanka the real stuff is available.... actually, I don't know if it's legal or not, but it's readily available.

BritishDragon.com must make a killing there.

wow if thats the case i believe many sri lankan wil be at least arnie's size...lol

I can't believe this thread is still going.

Lift heavy! Eat lots!

Squat, deadlift, press, bench, row, chin, do that three times a week for a year, eat lots of fresh fruit and vegies, nuts and beans, some meat, fish and dairy, if you're ever hungry you're not eating enough, do that for a year and if you're not heaps stronger and more muscular than before, okay go get drugs.

Take this crap and it has long-lasting bad effects on you. Why? Guess what? You're not an endocrinologist, popping this crap into you without years of study first is about as smart as attempting brain surgery.

It's hard and nasty, but there ain't no shortcuts past Hard Work Road.

mate wat u said is true, but not entirely. some people looking for PH or even steriods use em' to further enhance and sculpt the look they desire for; some even use it when their training has come to a plataue, i mean, there are heaps of reasons out there why people do certain we just cant judge them simply becos these items (PH / STERIOD) are illegal. as long as these ppl are doing wat they think its fine and not causing harm to the society; i see no reason why. but ofcos they do have to keep in mind these matters are not/should not be taken lightly.
peace out bro

you guys do hav a point. for shrek, i reckon its wrong saying ' You cannot obtain a permit for an illegal item'.. instead 'you cant obtain a permit for PH as personal use'...
What you are saying is contrdictory.
Weather it's for personal se or not (what other reason can there be?) it is not allowed.
Although steroids are illegal you can import then with a permit with the relevant medical prescriptions from a Dr because they have medicinal uses, PH's do not.

wow if thats the case i believe many sri lankan wil be at least arnie's size...lol

nah don't think so.. economic problem there is 100 times tougher than here in Aus... people have to worry about feeding their families first.

But I think in the bodybuilding community there (which would be a real minority), the real stuff would be sold like hot cakes.

Now I have not taken steroids but I do think they are given extremely bad press and the social stigma around them is extremley out of proportion.

Steroids are available for purchase in chemists over the counter purchase in many coutries around the world. Thailand, Brazil, Mexico just to name a few. Yet for the life of me I am unable to find any research showing steriods causing significant public health problems. In Australia alcohol and tobacco are available from almost anywhere to anyone over 18. I have however been able to find a few small issues with these last two.

Our culture glorifies alcohol consumption. The common mindset among young people that excessive alcohol consumption is somehow a measure of ones courage or strength, the viewing of underage drinking as a "right of passage", alcohol at almost all social events, I could go on forever. Yet alcohol itself has no benefit to ones health or wellbeing. Infact it is one of the leading causes of long term health issues in Australia, and for that matter the world. We should also not the immediete risks it poses, incresed risk of physical injury, road trauma, unsafe/unwated sexual practices, violence. And dont get me started on cigarettes.

It has been proven steriod users are the most educated group of illegal drug users. The average steroid user is a male 25-35 years old, employed and not a proessional athlete but simply using the compound their own personal image enchancement. If the personal choice argument holds water with smokers and drinker, why not steroid users? Steriods may cause damage if used incorrectly, alcohol and tobaco will cause serious damage if used at all, they may actually kill you.

Alcohol and Tobacco cost Australia tens of billions of dollars a year though lost productivity, health system costs and crime. I could not find any figures for steroids. Yet we are always told they are so dangerous, odd.

Now I have taken every drug under sun. In fact if I was going to sum up my first 3 years out of high school I would safely say they were my number one hobby. And I'm not talking about having the odd joint here. The odd thing is looking back I did not have one person tell me they thought my drug use was endangering my health, not my family, friends or work colleagues. The only word of caution was from my uncle (a doctor) who simply said "just be careful, and stay the f u c k away from herion". Now at this point fo my life I was looking terrible, skinny, gaunt, pale, bad skin, looking like crap. I was also working a dead end job in hospitality, living a crap lifestyle, smoking a pack a day and generally going nowhere.

Now fast forward 2.5 years. I have gained 35kg naturally, kicked my old habits, eating super well, at uni, and a million times happier and healthier. But now the questions and comments come. Family has told me they are worried by my lifting, my obsessive food requirments, that I'm taking things too far. People who have not seen me for a while all question me on steriod use, then when I explain to them I am 100% natural they go on to explain to me the perils or steriods and how they have disasterous side effects. I cant tell you how many people have said this with a drink in their hand, a smoke in their mouth, or in a few occasions the blissful hum of some MDMA in the bloodstream. Oh the f u c k i n g irony!

Now please dont think I'm advocating use of AAS, as I said I dont even use them myself. But I am trying to say that the bad press and huge amount of misinformation on the issue has reached a ridiculous level. As someone I have a great deal of respect said "Make up your own mind. Dont let the government be your moral compass".

Very well written. That really reminds me of the documentary "Bigger Stronger Faster".It's not exactly a pro-steroid documentary but moreso it's a documentary on America's contradictory values and attitudes. The doco is somewhere on Google Vids. Everyone should watch it.

Now I have not taken steroids but I do think they are given extremely bad press and the social stigma around them is extremley out of proportion.

Steroids are available for purchase in chemists over the counter purchase in many coutries around the world. Thailand, Brazil, Mexico just to name a few. Yet for the life of me I am unable to find any research showing steriods causing significant public health problems. In Australia alcohol and tobacco are available from almost anywhere to anyone over 18. I have however been able to find a few small issues with these last two.

Our culture glorifies alcohol consumption. The common mindset among young people that excessive alcohol consumption is somehow a measure of ones courage or strength, the viewing of underage drinking as a "right of passage", alcohol at almost all social events, I could go on forever. Yet alcohol itself has no benefit to ones health or wellbeing. Infact it is one of the leading causes of long term health issues in Australia, and for that matter the world. We should also not the immediete risks it poses, incresed risk of physical injury, road trauma, unsafe/unwated sexual practices, violence. And dont get me started on cigarettes.

It has been proven steriod users are the most educated group of illegal drug users. The average steroid user is a male 25-35 years old, employed and not a proessional athlete but simply using the compound their own personal image enchancement. If the personal choice argument holds water with smokers and drinker, why not steroid users? Steriods may cause damage if used incorrectly, alcohol and tobaco will cause serious damage if used at all, they may actually kill you.

Alcohol and Tobacco cost Australia tens of billions of dollars a year though lost productivity, health system costs and crime. I could not find any figures for steroids. Yet we are always told they are so dangerous, odd.

Now I have taken every drug under sun. In fact if I was going to sum up my first 3 years out of high school I would safely say they were my number one hobby. And I'm not talking about having the odd joint here. The odd thing is looking back I did not have one person tell me they thought my drug use was endangering my health, not my family, friends or work colleagues. The only word of caution was from my uncle (a doctor) who simply said "just be careful, and stay the f u c k away from herion". Now at this point fo my life I was looking terrible, skinny, gaunt, pale, bad skin, looking like crap. I was also working a dead end job in hospitality, living a crap lifestyle, smoking a pack a day and generally going nowhere.

Now fast forward 2.5 years. I have gained 35kg naturally, kicked my old habits, eating super well, at uni, and a million times happier and healthier. But now the questions and comments come. Family has told me they are worried by my lifting, my obsessive food requirments, that I'm taking things too far. People who have not seen me for a while all question me on steriod use, then when I explain to them I am 100% natural they go on to explain to me the perils or steriods and how they have disasterous side effects. I cant tell you how many people have said this with a drink in their hand, a smoke in their mouth, or in a few occasions the blissful hum of some MDMA in the bloodstream. Oh the f u c k i n g irony!

Now please dont think I'm advocating use of AAS, as I said I dont even use them myself. But I am trying to say that the bad press and huge amount of misinformation on the issue has reached a ridiculous level. As someone I have a great deal of respect said "Make up your own mind. Dont let the government be your moral compass".

Its funny how we get questioned about our gym habits by heavy smokers and drinkers. I had a debate one day about this with a mate, he said your diet is costing you heaps. I added up what my diet cost and any other thing i ingest like supplements, guess what he spent more. His meat and 3 veg, all the snack food, smoking and drinking and takeaway. He wasnt impressed when i told him he was paying someone to kill him (smoking)
AZZA

I dont condone, or aprove P/H use or anything. It being Illegal in Australia is just that.

However, I find it interesting on the different views from different people of different countries. It seems alot of the members of each country have opinions based on their own laws.

For example. In the Us, lots of people are pro P/H use, say its safe, etc and use it to great effect.

Here in Australia, where P/H's are illegal, alot of people comment on the apparant side effects, and just how bad they are for you.

It seems that we are brainwashed by our laws (both here, and the US)

I wonder what Australians opinions would be if the P/Hs were 100% legal.

Just food for thought.

Best post i have seen in a forum...repped

I dont condone, or aprove P/H use or anything. It being Illegal in Australia is just that.

However, I find it interesting on the different views from different people of different countries. It seems alot of the members of each country have opinions based on their own laws.

For example. In the Us, lots of people are pro P/H use, say its safe, etc and use it to great effect.

Here in Australia, where P/H's are illegal, alot of people comment on the apparant side effects, and just how bad they are for you.

Just food for thought.

Good point

I have contempt for most supplements, legal or not.

Steve Reeves, Melvin Wells, Reg Park, Paul Anderson, Clancy Ross, Eugene Sandow, and so on and so forth all built their physiques using nothing but hard work, good food and good sleep. Marvin Eder didn't even take vitamins. There wasn't even protein powder before 1950. And they had just three meals a day, by the way - they weren't worried about going catabolic while the meal was still digesting in their guts like people are today.

regpark7.jpg

Not good enough?

Drugs can give us development beyond what is normally humanly possible. The question is, do we really want that?

Perfection+-+2.jpg
rc202+-+cropped.jpg

a built body without and with drugs

I think that drugs have done great harm to the health and fitness industry in general, and to the general public's health and fitness as a result. When people say "I don't want to look like a bodybuilder", they don't have a Steve Reeves physique in mind. They're thinking of the freaks you get with drugs. That frightens people, puts them off. Now, people may not actually want a Steve Reeves physique - but it's not shocking, it's not going to put anyone off.

A magnificent physique can be attained without drugs, with hard work, good food and good sleep. A shocking physique requires drugs, and that's what they're for, really.

I say, try hard work, good food and good sleep for a while. Once you get as big and strong as Reg Park and Steve Reeves, if that's not enough - okay, go ahead, jab that needle in your arse. Fact is, most of us will never reach that level anyway, would do well to get three-quarters of the way there. So why the drugs? Why the supplements? Because it's damned hard work, that's why.

Our desire for supplements, whether legal or not, simply represents our desire for a shortcut past Hard Work Road.

Just food for thought.

Good point, would people use creatine if it was banned for serious side effects?
Probably
Just like people smoke and yet know about the gangreene leg on the pack!
AZZA

The irony of it all as I see it, is that usually the person who is the most interested in PH is the one with the most natural testosterone of all; the young man in his early 20s. I say train with a smart program and eat accordingly, but NOT before having full control of your ego. Once your natural hormones begin to decline; then by all means consider some alternatives. Until then, know that your gems are hidden in your jewels below the belt line...

Fadi.

Kyle, thats a great point. Infact I dont think anyone would be upset if they had Steves body.

I think another problem is that people today are inpatient, not just with bodybuilding, but with health in general. Your sick, go to the Doctor and what do you get. Drugs go make you feel better. Personally, I think anti biotics are handed out way to easily, and, will come back to bite humanity in the ass in the future (superbugs).

Everyone wants quick gains for the least effort.