• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

propecia/proscar

I'm with Puff. For a little while I tried rogain (i think about 3 months), then the thought hit me that i"M pretty much putting off what's going to happen anyway. So i stopped it & started shaving my head. I've never looked back. It's actually a look I brag about. The manager of where I works shaves his head. We often compliment each other on hair cuts.

Like yourself, I had a decent head of hair till I started training. It was down hill from there. So I guess in theory if you were to stop training & thus lower your test' levels your hair should regain some type of 'back to normalness', but is it worth it?

I can't imagine having a full head of hair. I love my hair cut. I pretty much shave my daily or every two days. I tell you what mate, Pull out the hair cutting kit, shave it with the clippers & see what you think. Try that out for a few months. You'll hopefully begin to be proud of your awesome genetics.

On another note, we're possibly more evolved than people with full head of hair. We started off hair...the concept is we're losing hair as we evolve....yeah! lol

So I guess in theory if you were to stop training & thus lower your test' levels your hair should regain some type of 'back to normalness', but is it worth it?

I think there is a bit of confusion related to the link between hair loss and high testosterone.
It's caused by dihydrotestosterone. So if DHT is high, bye bye hair - although DHT levels are a genetic thing.

So.. all I'm saying to the OP is - keep training, it's not causing your hair loss! Your genetics are!

I think there is a bit of confusion related to the link between hair loss and high testosterone.
It's caused by dihydrotestosterone. So if DHT is high, bye bye hair - although DHT levels are a genetic thing.

So.. all I'm saying to the OP is - keep training, it's not causing your hair loss! Your genetics are!

Where do you think dht comes from?

Where do you think dht comes from?

I dunno, testosterone??? ;)

But does having high testosterone mean you're going to lose your hair? I would assume that only if it gets converted to DHT - and the conversion rate differs from person to person.

if a person (usually man, sometimes a woman) is sensitive to DHT and they do something that produces an abundance of testosterone (exercise, androgenic (not necessarily anabolic) steroids for example), hair loss is more imminent.

thanks guys, appreciate the info. I think im going to give the propecia a miss

i feel the best i have ever felt physically, training is going really well and I dont want to stuff everything up from a stupid pill

regaine it is for now, till i have the balls to one day shave it

thanks guys, appreciate the info. I think im going to give the propecia a miss

i feel the best i have ever felt physically, training is going really well and I dont want to stuff everything up from a stupid pill

regaine it is for now, till i have the balls to one day shave it

just shave it. whatever is yours will grow back.

There is a lot of pressure here to shave ur hair. But it's not like u have to mate. There are options that won't cost you a fortune or set back you training. I totally understand wanting to keep your hair. I'd hate to starting losing mine so young.

Rogaine is for the crown at the back. If u r thinning at the front, u should use what I suggested earlier.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't understand why any body would want hair on their head, just shave it off. Try shaving your head and then go into a bar at around 10pm and see how many chicks want to rub your head, I don't know about you guys but I like it.

I don't understand why any body would want hair on their head, just shave it off. Try shaving your head and then go into a bar at around 10pm and see how many chicks want to rub your head, I don't know about you guys but I like it.
I fcuking love that move. When I was single it happened every time I went out. To me it makes sense to force baldness, shavinb you're noggin over loosing it and trying to play it cool
Posted via Mobile Device

Because no matter how many chicks rub your head and no matter how nice or cool you may actually be, the next day when they aren't drunk you will only be a memory they laugh about known as "that bald guy".
Posted via Mobile Device

There is a lot of pressure here to shave ur hair. But it's not like u have to mate. There are options that won't cost you a fortune or set back you training. I totally understand wanting to keep your hair. I'd hate to starting losing mine so young.

Rogaine is for the crown at the back. If u r thinning at the front, u should use what I suggested earlier.
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah i know it sucks, its stressing me out. im on the fence atm :(

isnt Saw Palmetto a dht blocker like propecia? so wouldnt it be just as bad as the pill?

There are two distinctly different actions coming from both of these ingredients; the drug as well as the natural ones.

The drug Propecia exhorts its influence by lowering the level of DHT in the plasma, while saw palmetto and the like work by blocking the receptor sites and preventing DHT by entering. Neither of these items do their job fully well or we wouldn’t be discussing the issue of baldness in the first place.

Fadi.

There are two distinctly different actions coming from both of these ingredients; the drug as well as the natural ones.

The drug Propecia exhorts its influence by lowering the level of DHT in the plasma, while saw palmetto and the like work by blocking the receptor sites and preventing DHT by entering. Neither of these items do their job fully well or we wouldn’t be discussing the issue of baldness in the first place.

Fadi.

and that's the truth!!!

I stand by my first comment. Just go shave your head. You can't stop what's going to happen. You can't stop a truck moving at 60km'h...you can't stop a woman from thinking you can read your mind & you can't stop yourself going bald if you've got the genes.

well, ive started propecia, nizarol, and regaine.

Its easy to say shave it off, but unfortunately I dont look like jordan or agassi :( if i can buy some time , then so be it. maybe something better will come along, or I wont care when mates and that start to lose theirs too

anyway, I feel fine (actually a bit better, i feel charged up) and we'll see how I go. Ill post back any updates incase anyone is interested...

well, ive started propecia, nizarol, and regaine.

Its easy to say shave it off, but unfortunately I dont look like jordan or agassi :( if i can buy some time , then so be it. maybe something better will come along, or I wont care when mates and that start to lose theirs too

anyway, I feel fine (actually a bit better, i feel charged up) and we'll see how I go. Ill post back any updates incase anyone is interested...

that's cool. I dont look like Michael Jordan or Bruce Willis either. I hope for your sake that the shampoo & tablets work well. Since once you stop taking them, you'll be back to square one. At least TRY to shave your head & see what you think, for heavens sake..it'll grow back