• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Proper use of squat Rack

Is it ok to overhead press in the squat rack?

• Total voters
Totally agree. At my trainer's studio, we do deadlifts in the cage/rack/metalthing because there isn't room to do it elsewhere.

Plus I hang my towel over the handles on the end so is it a towel rack too ... ;)

Let us be open minded and honest with ourselves. How you define the picture below represents what it means to you.

power-cage.jpg

Is it a squat cage or squat rack? power and strength cage? A compound movement zone? Or a clothes horse? It is possable that you define it as at least one of these examples. Once youce got that definiton, your perception is developed.

When I trained at FF, I had to wait to use the squat rack because some kid was doing pendlay rows in it. They're a great exercise, but why the heck would you do them in a rack?

The truth brahs

Cages are for phaggots imo. they use a cage cos they have to cage there homosexual desires, fucking poofs.

Real men, dumbell curl, infront of a mirror, in a singlet wearing short shorts, or skinny jeans, showing there legs off. Probably getting checked out by the poofs in the cage.

Oh I long for the day when I can walk into a gym and only see a minimum 6-8 squat racks, lifting platforms and only flat and incline benches and a giant bucket of chalk in the middle. And NO air con. Just fans. No machines.

Of course you'd see 6-8 guys going curls and rows and SLD's in the racks. (sigh)

I don't WANT to use a machine that works the outside of my rhomboid's - wherever the hell that is. Although it makes a good towel holder though.

Maybe I just expect too much.

Oh I long for the day when I can walk into a gym and only see a minimum 6-8 squat racks, lifting platforms and only flat and incline benches and a giant bucket of chalk in the middle. And NO air con. Just fans. No machines.

Of course you'd see 6-8 guys going curls and rows and SLD's in the racks. (sigh)

I don't WANT to use a machine that works the outside of my rhomboid's - wherever the hell that is. Although it makes a good towel holder though.

Maybe I just expect too much.

Good Description of my gym :D
Correction we will have 10 racks and 6 benches :)

cheers
trent

Most gyms I go to have no where else to do so except for the bench presses which are usually being used more frequently than the rack