• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Powder Taste Reviews

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
I though about starting this for a while, I know taste is a personal thing, but reviews can still be a guide. May be this can become a sticky?

It would be great if all spam was kept out of this so it can become a reference thread and if people could use the same template to post their reviews.

BRAND/FLAVOUR : Universal Nutrition Ultra Whey Pro / Cookies and Cream

SERVING SIZE/PROTEIN CONTEND: 30gram/22gram

CARBOHYDRATE PER SERVE : 3.5gram

FAT : 2grams

CALORIES : 120

SMELL : Smells good, no chemical smell 8/10

MIX-ABILITY : Mixes great in a standard shaker with no lumps in milk and water 10/10

TASTE REVIEW : Taste in water is reasonable but not great, no chemical taste or bad after taste overall 7/10, mixed in milk as directed taste is much nicer, does not really taste like Cookies and Cream, more like cookies only, but still quite palatable. Biggest plus is no chemical taste. 7/10 overall.

WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN/WHY?? : Probably not, protein contend is quite low per serving IMO, and taste is quite bearable but not my cup of tea, then again I am very fussy with taste in anything

I have more reviews to post up probably about another 5 or 6 over the next few days. Please review your protein powder here, good or bad!!!!!!

Thread seems to be taking off in a big way!

BRAND/FLAVOUR :
Universal Nutrition Ultra Whey Pro / Vanilla

SERVING SIZE/PROTEIN CONTEND: 30gram/22gram

CARBOHYDRATE PER SERVE : 3.5gram

FAT : 1.5grams

CALORIES : 116

SMELL : Smells is a bit off putting, no vanilla smell 4/10

MIX-ABILITY : Mixes great in a standard shaker with no lumps in milk and water 10/10

TASTE REVIEW : Taste in water is reasonable but not great, no chemical taste or bad after taste, vanilla flavour is very weak 6/10, mixed in milk as directed taste is much nicer and more creamy. Biggest plus is no chemical taste. 6/10 overall.

WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN/WHY?? : Probably not, protein contend is quite low per serving IMO, and taste is quite bearable but definitely not great.

Just a quick one.

BSN Syntha 6 Chocolate is the best tasting protein I've had. Granted it is a blend but still I could drink it all day.

Last edited:
for searchability it would alot better if reviews were put into separate threads
by all means you can put all your own reviews into one thread , but just to make it things easier it would be better if others just started their own thread