• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Psychologist for sport injuries

Azz

Anyone ever had an injury that they just couldn't get over? My hamstring has been strained a few times over the last 12 months + (sprinting) and my last MRI scan showed no damage at all, and no sign of any previous muscle damage. So physiologically I think I'm fine. But I just can't seem to get it out of my mind because it's happened way too many times. I can't picture myself pushing 100% at all because it just feels weak and I'm afraid of re injury.

I'll also add that I've been doing a lot of hamstring specific work/rehab, seen a physio for many sessions, so I think that's under control.

So I'm wondering if talking to a sport psychologist could be worthwhile? My mates dad is apparently really good and I can get in to see him. Anyone had any success doing this? Or was it a waste of time?.. I need to do something!

If you can't see yourself pushing 100% then there's no harm at all in going to him for a consult. Once you've had a discussion with him you'll have a much better idea of whether you think he's a waste of time / money or not.

For most things in life, try it and see is a valid answer.

Not sure about him, but most professionals in most industries don't charge too much for an initial consult. Maybe even less if he's your mate's dad?

Thanks for your reply mate.

I may aswell give it a go and see what happens. No way I want to compete before I get it sorted. Another thing to note is that before I strain it I could train at 100%, but as soon as I get into a competitive situation, I get injured.

Also my GP can give me a referral so I'll get it cheap anyways.

Hmm it's weird, I even dream about my hamstring getting injured when I'm competing. And not being able to run properly lol. SO there must be something going on up there :p.

Negative thoughts will create negative results.
A good dose of an Anthony Robbins CD series would work well for you.
Always gets me going when I need some massive change in life.
Could even find it on YouTube maybe.

Negative thoughts will create negative results.
A good dose of an Anthony Robbins CD series would work well for you.
Always gets me going when I need some massive change in life.
Could even find it on YouTube maybe.

Anthony Robbins. That big giant headed freak. Lol. I can't stand him.