• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc is in qld!

Hey guys...
Most of you have probably caught on now that Markos and I have been working together to set a gym up. The gym is located 30kms north of the brisbane CBD, at the end of Beattie st, in the suburb of Kallangur.
We have a 220m2 concrete shed, with a 75mx20m concrete driveway (great for tyre flipping!).

The gym will be run on the same principals as PTC Frankston. Anybody who wants to get bigger, stonger, faster, leaner, awesomer is welcome. Anybody who wants to curl and not squat is not :D.
You dont have to be strong, you dont have to lean, you dont have to fit. All you need is the right attitude, and the thirst to become better. I want to create a gym with atmosphere. I want to create a gym where people WANT to train. I want to create a gym where you can come, sweat, bleed and scream......... I want to create a gym where like minded lifters can lift, and can enjoy themselves doing it.

The set up currently consists of....
1 Pendaly weightlifting bar
155kg of bumper/technique plates
2 custom knurled ABC bars
1 ABC power bar
2 benches
1 Pair of oly squat stands
2 cages
64kg KB and blocks for UDLs
750kg plates
Platform
Deadlift matting
Boxes for jumps
40kg keg
3 tractor tyres
Full set of Power Bands
Chains
Boards

The gym is now set up, and ready for people to get lifting in.
It will be open from 5pm-late Monday to Friday and 8am-1pm on Saturday.

There is no membership as such. I want people to WANT to be there, so you just have a weekly fee, or in the case of novices who want to learn the ropes, need programming, and form work you can come in for sessions.
$15 a session
$25 p/w
$25 a session for coaching of novices.

There are already 4 competitive lifters training, and 2 beginners. A female client catches a bus 3x a week from the other side of the city to come and lift, now thats KEEN!
A local strongman is also coming to check the place out this weekend.

I have to thank a few people though.
Firstly, and most obviously Markos for helping me out, and giving me a shot to get this gym off the ground.
Id also like to thank 3 very important people who have been gems in helping me out with equipment.

Rick from Ironedge/kettlebells.com.au for the bumper plates and bar, and soon full KB set.

Wayne at ABC (Australian barbell company). He helped me out MASSIVELY with 3 quality bars.

Craig at jmeaustralia.com.au for the rubber coated weight plates, cage, and platform.

Without the help and support of these 4 blokes, Id still be no closer to opening my dream gym.

MASSIVE THANKS GUYS!

piccies!

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

For any more info, email me scott@ptcbrisbane.com Or call me 0400 31 9394
http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Ptc-Brisbane/100002229642289

Last edited:
Looks like a great place with a lot of promise. Best of luck with it!

(Gives me serious flashbacks to SS&S... which is not a bad thing)

It looks bad-ass Sticky although I think the ceilings could be a little higher. :eek:

HAHA, they are epic high man. I was gunna put some Roman rings up, but I have no way of getting them up there lol.

Hire a scisor lift for the day!

Sticky, what are the membership costs?

Edit: all you need now is somewhere for dips.

Last edited:
Hire a scisor lift for the day!

Sticky, what are the membership costs?

Edit: all you need now is somewhere for dips.

Dip bars are coming. They will be bolted to the wall :).

There is no membership as such. I want people to WANT to be there, so you just have a weekly fee, or in the case of novices who want to learn the ropes, need programming, and form work you can come in for sessions.
$15 per session
$25 p/w
$25 a session for coaching for novices.

There are already 4 competitive lifters training, and 2 beginners. A female client catches a bus 3x a week from the other side of the city to come and lift, now thats KEEN!
A local strongman is also coming to check the place out this weekend.

Awesome achievement Scott

Thanks mate.

Last edited:
Looks great Scott, well done! I'd love to lift there, too bad i'm on the other side of the country :D

So why'd you give it the name PTC? Is there some sort of affiliation between you and Markos?
I think you could've made a name for yourself rather than be in PTC Frankston's shadow.

Your call mate, you're the big boss now :)

Looks great Scott, well done! I'd love to lift there, too bad i'm on the other side of the country :D

So why'd you give it the name PTC? Is there some sort of affiliation between you and Markos?
I think you could've made a name for yourself rather than be in PTC Frankston's shadow.

Your call mate, you're the big boss now :)
Not to answer for Scott but from what I've noticed from martial arts clubs and other business in general is that it's always a good idea to operate as a branded subsidiary (whatever the commercial arrangement is idk).

You get the benefit of the PTC brand, members of the PTC 'family' who live in Qsld and you get the advice, help and can learn from the mistakes or what the original club did well.

The new place looks awesome Scott, if I'm ever your way I'll drop in for a session!

Nice work Scott..

Will definetely be dropping in when I am in Brisbane

What is the actual address??

Amac, dicko pretty much hit it on head :).

Trofius, the gym is at the end of Beattie st in kallangur, which is off Dohles rocks rd. Easy as piss to get to.