• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC LIfting workshops

im not in this saturday but hope u guys have fun. would have been nice to meet u in person deep :)

not so much shrek.. he tries to touch me everytime we meet.. :(

Some footage from workshop #1:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKpXgHcMc3I]Workshop 7.1.12 - YouTube[/ame]

Ninor ended up hitting 100kg by the end of the session, has a decent number of kg left in him I reckon.

Hope you're on top of that mobility stuff Mick! I expect to see improvement this coming Sat :)

We use video on the day as feedback, some of the stuff will likely be put into a short vid as above.

If you do not wish to be in the 'promotional' stuff, that is perfectly fine - just make sure to express this on the day. No hard feelings on my end :D

I can confirm for this saturday...looking forward to it. I'll try and drag a couple of other blokes along too.

Good session today. Thanks chris! Very well presented. If you cant deadlift after today, well then you probably werent listening. :p

Cheers man.
Tim.

Awesome workshop, feeling empowered to go out and lift 100kgs! Maybe with some more practice...;)

Thanks for the feedback guys, was great to have you.

Quick update on the workshop today. I believe we had 12 people (including 4-5 PTC members and two ladies) swing by, great turnout!

Almost had a 200kg lift by someone who previously had only ever deadlifted 100kg and has not trained since October - lots of potential there.

Couple other 180kg pulls, and plenty of technique tweaks/corrections.

Once again got a lot of positive feedback, I felt that today went a little smoother than workshop #1 which I'm happy with.

Will try and get some footage up from today by Monday (as well as confirm the details for the next workshop), in the process of moving house as I type this so a little under the pump atm.

Thanks again for coming out, was great to meet you all and I hope you had a good/educational time. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :D

Chris

Hey guys,

today was awesome, always wanted to learn how to deadlift properly and wanted to check out PTC. Very good environment, was nice to not have any heroes around.

I want to thank Chris for his guidance, never would of thought I'd be deadlifting 180kg before I walked in there today. Now I've got that 200 set in my sights.

Looking forward to next weeks session.

It's good to hear that Chris seminars are helping people with the lifts and getting pb's in a safe controlled environment.

Sorry I couldn't see a lot of u today but ill be there next week.

Special mention to kezz.. that's nearly over a 100kg pb if u had locked out that lift. That's Huge!!

A big thank you to Deb...

Oh yeah and the other guy.... What was his name???? Oh yeah Chris... (LOL just kidding... & noting Deb's input)

This was a great work shop.... There where some great pulls by Tim and Kezz...

Chris I particularly like your cues.... They help immensley....

Deb the filming of lifts for revision is also highly rewarding....

I can quite happily reccomend this type of workshop to anyone... No matter your level.... I barely dead lift at all and felt very comfortable.... And learned a lot...

As I don't have a training partner who can critique my lifts... Ill be coming back to the workshops on a regular basis now... Form checks are worth there weight in gold... Its amazing how little things can have such a significant impact on lifts...

IMO $10 a session seems about right in terms of the charge... Ill be back many more times at this rate....

Would be great to cover paused bench in next weeks workshop... Considering the upcoming bench comp at the end of Feb....

Cheers...

nazzy.. we will be going through the comp rules for bench next week along with the comp calls.. see u then champ.

Appreciate the feedback everyone (especially since it's all been positiive thus far :D)

Details for the upcoming workshop below:

What: Bench press
When: 21.1.12 @ 11am
Where: PTC Sydney, Unit 2, 41-43 Day St North Silverwater
Cost: Non-members $10

As always, everyone is welcome so feel free to rope your friends in if they are all talk about getting fit/lifting :p

Deb will be present to field injury/niggle questions.

As Trent mentioned, we will go through both touch n go bench as well as the competition pause bench.

A note for the squat workshop that will follow: I have other commitments on the Saturday (28.1.12), and thus far the most logical workshop day outside of this is Sunday the 29.1.12, in my mind. If this is an issue for the majority of attendees I am taking suggestions, so feel free to speak up.

A note for the squat workshop that will follow: I have other commitments on the Saturday (28.1.12), and thus far the most logical workshop day outside of this is Sunday the 29.1.12, in my mind. If this is an issue for the majority of attendees I am taking suggestions, so feel free to speak up.

Sunday is fine for me...