• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

Gareth is very modest. When he came to PTC he was deadlifting 140kg, and the gym he was training at has no squat racks

He now squats 190kg, benches 130kg and deadlifts 225kg, at around 80kg.

I'll let him explain how the fuck he managed that.

He has also doubled in physical size lol, he looks massive, he is the brunt of many jokes

I think he is around 175cm, just shorter than Max.

He doesnt come on often, I think he's lifting today or tomorrow, I'll get him to come on and tell you his story.

Yer that would be great.

Hes only 3cm shorter than me, im 90kg, and i dont think im anywhere near massive lol.

His lifts are impressive, something to aspire to, especially at that weight.

I think he is around 175cm, just shorter than Max.

He doesnt come on often, I think he's lifting today or tomorrow, I'll get him to come on and tell you his story.

I wish I was 175cm. 165cm :(

JDizzle's system of PPP sounds pretty good, I'm currently on very optimistic jumps.

Deadlift +30kg, bench +20kg, squat +20.
I've got +15kg on the deadlift and failed once so far (week 9), bench also failed week 9. Squat I'm on week 10 :)

Note that I did do assistance work before starting this round of PPP so I probably gained a little bit on the deadlift / squat and didn't do much 1 rep-max testing.
The bench was definitely tested and that was either 120kg or 122.5kg without a pause.

I'm going to lift at the commercial gym tomorrow (since I'm still paying them membership) but will be down on Saturday Markos...

Last edited:
Gareth, we moved the scales as something wasnt right, we put them on the platform, they were weighing 3kg light. I jumped on them in a couple of different locations, they read 3kg lighter in the position you weighed yourself, the floor was sloping.

Fat Dave actually weighs 116.8kg at the moment. Max and I weighed in the same as we do at home on the platform.

I knew something wasnt right, you were simply to big to be 82kg, 85-86kg sounds right

See you Saturday

Gareth, we moved the scales as something wasnt right, we put them on the platform, they were weighing 3kg light. I jumped on them in a couple of different locations, they read 3kg lighter in the position you weighed yourself, the floor was sloping.

Fat Dave actually weighs 116.8kg at the moment. Max and I weighed in the same as we do at home on the platform.

I knew something wasnt right, you were simply to big to be 82kg, 85-86kg sounds right

See you Saturday

Ah interesting, I thought something was wrong. They actually gave me a 80.8kg first reading which seemed unusually light.
The scales at home say 90kg, pretty sure they're wrong :)

Last night Gareth squatted 190kg, well below parallel, no wraps, no belt, at somewhere around 83-85kg

There are vids on our Youtube Channel from the novice comp this month

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNs8d3SQZNk]YouTube - PTC Frankston, Gareth pulls 225kg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2QHxWp0RWQ]YouTube - PTC Frankston, Gareth squats 190kg[/ame]

I feel I need to do this so you guys can keep me honest.

The guys at PTC know I havent lifted since November 2007. I cop shit.

On February 28 2012 I will be 50 years old. I will squat 200kg, bench 150kg and deadlift 200kg at 50.

I will use PPP for 5 cycles, 55 weeks. I think that date is around 57 weeks away.

No journal needed as it will strictly be PPP. I think I will start on 130kg squat, 90kg bench and 130kg dead. The first cycle is just to get some foundation back as I can do over those totals now, let alone in 11 weeks.

I am starting very low, I wont rush this so hopefully I can stay injury free. The first cycle will simply be to get some work in. My only concern is my pec on the deads.

You guys can ridicule me if I fail. The line starts with Max.

I benched 150kg at 45 and got in good shape. I like this training every 5 years lol

I feel I need to do this so you guys can keep me honest.

The guys at PTC know I havent lifted since November 2007. I cop shit.

On February 28 2012 I will be 50 years old. I will squat 200kg, bench 150kg and deadlift 200kg at 50.

I will use PPP for 5 cycles, 55 weeks. I think that date is around 57 weeks away.

No journal needed as it will strictly be PPP. I think I will start on 130kg squat, 90kg bench and 130kg dead. The first cycle is just to get some foundation back as I can do over those totals now, let alone in 11 weeks.

I am starting very low, I wont rush this so hopefully I can stay injury free. The first cycle will simply be to get some work in. My only concern is my pec on the deads.

You guys can ridicule me if I fail
. The line starts with Max.

I benched 150kg at 45 and got in good shape. I like this training every 5 years lol
You can't fail if you never start.

Last edited:
Good point Kelly lol

Squats on Tuesday I'm afraid

Not sure about doing any assistance work at all. I'm curious how far I can go with 5 sets of each lift 3 x week, a bit of an experiment

Good luck with it mate, hopefully the pec holds up.

I'll be over the moon if I'm benching 150kg @ 50.....