• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

quattro protein

s'funny you should mention it - mine should be here tomorrow. Got a crazy deal on a 2.2kg tub locally.

I'm not expecting anything special - its just protein after all. 4 different types, sure, but so what.

If it wasn't so cheap, I wouldn't have bothered.

But I'll let you know how it tastes and mixes, if that's what you're interested in?

Not a fan Fadi?
Good question candy. No mate, that's not what I'm implying here, not at all. However (as you may know), I am sensitive to any amount of lactose and it seems (despite what the company is claiming), there is lactose in this product. My body has not lied to me before and I'm very much in tune with its messages to me.

Others here (possibly the majority) are not lactose intolerant like me which would make this product ideal. The taste and its mixability is great, without any foam either I might add. So as you can see, it's more of a personal issue and an issue with the company's claim that has me giving this product away (after using very little of it).

PS: As of now, I still have not had a PM from Zayd but am willing to wait just a little bit longer...

Fadi.

oh well fadi, if no one else claims it, ill have a dig...

Having said that, a little bit longer to me is like a few days..

cheers in advance

Magnum-QUATTRO-Whey-Isolate-Protein-supplement.jpg

The Quattro is gone, thank you.

Fadi.

im using it , its pretty good im getting it at about 70 bux a tub.
is that reasonable?
As of right now, you can get the 2.27kg for as little as $55 here in Australia. I think I paid more for mine, so prices have come down.

Fadi.

As of right now, you can get the 2.27kg for as little as $55 here in Australia. I think I paid more for mine, so prices have come down.

Fadi.

That's what I paid - 'introductory offer into Australia'. BB.com has it for considerably more, and of course, you're not paying the Air Freight charge on top when you buy it locally.

Hope it tastes OK - the lactose I can handle.

Hey Fadi - how do you know you're lactose intolerant?

Might sound dumb, but I think I might be too... but the symptoms are pretty mild (for me anyway, my g/f might think otherwise)... All I get is a bit of bloating and some pretty terrible flatulence. Do you think this indicates lactose intolerance?

Have you found a protein that does live up to a lactose free claim?

Hey Fadi - how do you know you're lactose intolerant?

Good question and hope you don't mind me jumping in here - I have always thought I was lactose intolerant due to gas, bloating and flatulence issues with milk and protein supps. BUT, I have forced myself to have a protein supp shake every night for months now and I believe I've trained myself not to have that anymore (or it just stopped by itself as a co-incidence).

However, I was also able to narrow down some protein bars that I was downing in the arvos, as being full of indigestible cellulose and that was giving me the same symptoms. As soon as I gave the box of those away and stopped ingesting them; no more farting, no bloat and no cramps. The protein shakes continued to go down without a hitch and have ever since. If I'm desperate and try and get down a protein bar at any time, I pay for it within 4 hours. Bad gas!!..

my 2 cents..

Yeh, jump in anytime mate.

Hmm.. interesting, but I don't eat protein bars... The only other co-occurence with a increase in lactose for me would be an increase in food in general. The only common thread is milk though... Whenever I have milk i fart a lot. But, it does get better the longer I have been drinking it.

Some light googling has suggested that flatulence is a symptom of lactose intolerance - due to the lactose not being broken down and then being converted into methane

Some light googling has suggested that flatulence is a symptom of lactose intolerance - due to the lactose not being broken down and then being converted into methane

Yes, that is lactose intolerance alright. You can actually buy the lactase tablets that will break down the lactose, from your local chemist. You drop in your milk drinks, and they should help. I did that when younger, but as I say, these days I seem to be able to handle it.

Just wanted to alert that indigetible carbs, like cellulose which is used in lots of protein bars, can give the same bad effects. The only cure for that I know of is, don't eat them. :)

are there any serious effects? or just farting?

I dont really care about farting... but if its going to stuff up my colon or something then i might try to fix it.

are there any serious effects? or just farting?

you mean with lactose intolerance? No - no serious side effects. Just an uncomfortableness thru bloating, gas and flatulence that most people find very annoying, if they persist long term.

Oh and diarrhoea if you are really unlucky. This would be potentially serious if it persisted, but most people would be sensible enough to stop ingesting lactose at that point.