• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Recommend me a Multivatimin (cheap)

id like to know which isthe better one also. i already ordered the one noobs said but for future reference.

Personally, I would not touch anything with iron in it. After about the age of 21 it would not be a mineral I would want to include in my supplements (as many supplement companies have opted to exclude it from their formula).

So why no to iron? CANCER!

Please do your research. You may take a look at this if you like: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8664805
The above was concerning males (and females after they reach their menopause).

I’d rather get my iron from non-heme (non-animal if you like) and let my body deal with the transformation from one type to another (such as the case with vitamin A etc.).

Again, I'm sharing with you what I feel comfortable with based on my research on the subject. Please feel free to do your own research and come to your own conclusion on this matter. Thank you for reading.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Personally, I would not touch anything with iron in it. After about the age of 21 it would not be a mineral I would want to include in my supplements (as many supplement companies have opted to exclude it from their formula).

Please do your research. You may take a look at this if you like: The role of iron in cancer. [Eur J Cancer Prev. 1996] - PubMed result

I’d rather get my iron from non-heme (non-animal if you like) and let my body deal with the transformation from one type to another (such as the case with vitamin A etc.).

Again, I'm sharing with you what I feel comfortable with based on my research on the subject. Please feel free to do your own research and come to your own conclusion on this matter. Thank you for reading.

Fadi.

How would you know whether the iron you are taking (in regards to female anemic) is non heme or heme iron? As all it states is the form of iron not where it is derived from.

Cheers

Depends what you want... I use whole food as whole food, i supplement with supplements... There are many wonderful things we do not get from pills that are in food. We cant try and jam them all into pulls. Otherwise we are eaitng 10 hockey pucks a day.

So i look for a multi that has what i want in the dosages i want then i add extra things such as minerals, maybe some herbal extracts. but you can never find it all in 1.

So, eat good whole food add supplements to supplement... I should make an updated reccomended nutrient list for people that are interested.

Would be good to find out what things need other things like B vitamins need calcium etc to work properly. If you make anything like that id be interested :)

How would you know whether the iron you are taking (in regards to female anemic) is non heme or heme iron? As all it states is the form of iron not where it is derived from.

Cheers

With regards to heme or non heme iron, I was speaking of food and not supplements. I beleive most iron supplements, like ferrous fumerate and sulphate are made from iron salts and not some food, be it animal or plant derived.

Fadi.

Please do your research. You may take a look at this if you like: The role of iron in cancer. [Eur J Cancer Prev. 1996] - PubMed result

Fadi.

Please tell me you actually read the WHOLE report, not just the abstract, and based your research on that, as i know you are smarter than that.

Thank god, I have a subscription to pinned, as well as many others, if you see something or just want some info, I may be sble to convert them to PDF for you.