• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rest/OFF Days - schedule or not?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Rest/OFF Days - schedule or not?

Topic about Rest/Off days from gym. How does it look in your's routines? Are you taking rest day becouse this is in your plan even when you feel very well and can go to the gym or are You basing on your fettle and do it by instinct?

Always good to plan some rest days but sometimes you either feel like you really want to train so you will train straight through the rest day and then other times you need the extra recovery so you take a day or 2 extra off....

I think its always good to take an extend rest period off every 10-15 weeks of a week or so....

I have rest days when I don't have time because of work and FRS. Its nice to say you need to make time to lift but if I'm up at 0400 for a house fire and get home at 1630 then its a rest day.

Apart from that I just lift everyday, but I'm still lifting baby weights so it doesn't seem to be an issue. I uses to lift 3x a week and the motivation waned with excuses that I would catch up on other days. When I stop adding weight to the bar I'll reconsider.

My rest days are Tues, Wed and Saturday. It suits my FIFO and gives me a little flexibilty if I miss a day.
I also train for 8 weeks then have a 2 week period of much less intensity, but not really 'rest'.

I would view this from a Focault perspective;

Training days-scheduled or not?

training happens when I'm not fulfilling my work or family duties.

Don't know about you guys but i stopped growing before. I had to take up to 5 days for arms/shoulders/legs/forearms and about 7 days rest after back/chest according to my log then my strength is higher.
after 4 days cretin kinase starts dropping so im ready after 5......

Don't know about you guys but i stopped growing before. I had to take up to 5 days for arms/shoulders/legs/forearms and about 7 days rest after back/chest according to my log then my strength is higher.
after 4 days cretin kinase starts dropping so im ready after 5......

But when should you release your essence?

I dont plan a rest day, Id actually prefer not having one, but sometimes as [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; says, things come up & you cant train, thats my rest day. I push the scheduled session to the next day..

I also go with the flow; you never know what will come up with work, family and so on.

3 days on, one day off, but a day off may occur at nay stage of the 3 day routine.

In any case, each muscle and routine will get at least three sessions per fortnight.

I think I'm scheduling a rest day for tomorrow.

I have a history or rest days turning into rest weeks/months but I've lifted for the last 15 days and the last 2 days have been a bit ordinary. Still getting the weight moved but just feeling off. Also have a week of early starts that are likely to fuck with my sleep a bit.