• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Routine Boredom

harry1970

Elegantly Wasted
Ever suffer from routine boredom? If so what did you do to overcome it?

I've not been a person to be too bored, in fact I find it comforting to be in a routine. Had an interesting chat with a guy at the gym today who says his biggest challenge is boredom - doing the same lifts over and over again.

Groundbreaking aye.

Seriously though a change is as good as a break. I don't try to change to often though, I like to give a routine time to work.

I find that after some years, even when I change routine, bench is still bench and a squat is still a squat, boredom is still there.
If you have another gym around, try a new scenary, its like starting again, for a little while anyway.

I'm not really one to change much at all. The main part of the workout always stays pretty much the same. It's not really boring when it works.

i can get bored sometimes. i merely change exercises or do machine work to do something different when mind not on job.

When i do go back to proper traning, i feel refreshed and quite strong.

At momment, shoulder has severe strain so am doing dips with no pain.

Try Sheiko, never bored on sheiko.

Are you serious. It's the most boring shit ever Squat bench squat, dead bench dead, squat bench squat.

Long sessions of the same shit day after day no where near the challenge of programmes that use super heavy % or AMRAPS. More about just slogging through long sessions

Sheiko = epic gains but the most boring training I've ever done

Are you serious. It's the most boring shit ever Squat bench squat, dead bench dead, squat bench squat.

Long sessions of the same shit day after day no where near the challenge of programmes that use super heavy % or AMRAPS. More about just slogging through long sessions

Sheiko = epic gains but the most boring training I've ever done

You just don't enjoy self-mutilation as much as everybody else Brick.

You just don't enjoy self-mutilation as much as everybody else Brick.

Oh I love a bit of self mutilation. I rate Smolov cause it is so fucking hard out. By the third week of base cycle you are talking to god and squatting on auto pilot but sheiko you don't hget that Oh fuck I'm going to die after this set feeling.

I don't recall ever having to lay on the floor during sheiko and spend 5 mins just breathing and cramping the way you do with smolov.

The shit is great for adding weight to your total though, fucking russian black magic.

Oh I love a bit of self mutilation. I rate Smolov cause it is so fucking hard out. By the third week of base cycle you are talking to god and squatting on auto pilot but sheiko you don't hget that Oh fuck I'm going to die after this set feeling.

I don't recall ever having to lay on the floor during sheiko and spend 5 mins just breathing and cramping the way you do with smolov.

The shit is great for adding weight to your total though, fucking russian black magic.

Once you're more experienced with Sheiko and know where to push the boundaries you get those dying moments, believe me. Its just good to run as is a few times first to get a feel of your own reactions to it.

Once you're more experienced with Sheiko and know where to push the boundaries you get those dying moments, believe me. Its just good to run as is a few times first to get a feel of your own reactions to it.

I see, no doubt I'll learn to love it. I'm doing a quick blast of smolov to build my squat back up then straight back on the boring old sheiko for 12 weeks.