• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rules at your gym? are you getting introuble.

thechosenone

The guy thats runs the gym i go to has got up me for everything.

I bring a cd player in and crank up my music and the gym is right next to his office and he winges that the music is to loud and he cant concentrate on his office work, also they have tv's in there and the old people sit on the treddmills and watch the today show and the mornings show and they complained to the owner that they cant hear it cause of my music so he told me to have it really light or dont have it on at all, WHAT THE FUCK its a gym not a place to watch tv, that really pissed me off.

I have got introuble for spilling a little bit of chalk on the ground when i do deadlifts, he said people are gonna slip on that. I said to him its hard to grip 170 kilos when ur hands are dripping with swett , he told me thats not his problem hes more concerned about safety.

The other week he got up me for dropping dumbells when i bench , because it will damage the floor , so i put mats down beside the bench and drop the dumbells and he still comes in and complains and tells me dont drop them at all even if theres mats.

I always put away the weights after my workout is finished but he fuckin tells me i have to put away the weights after i finish my set incase other people have to use them, WHAT THE FUCK i wanna be resting and focusing on my next set , instead he expects me to pack away that weight when im buggered furthering my recovery time.

Sorry about my long rant but its like he has something against people lifting heavy weights he gets along with the pussys lifting light weights but when he sees something trying to lift heavy and is trying to do there best and motivate themselves,he suddenly has a problem

in this world of litagation , oh&s , insurance , he might come of as being a nazi for making you do these things , but have to remember that he is trying to protect his arse and that of his business

at the end of the day that is the thing that you to remember that it is a business not your local hang out , if you don't like the rules move on

lol the next gym is 30 minutes drive, U wouldnt believe this when i got to the gym there was a group of mothers in there training and they had there little kids sitting under the squat rack and all her bags and other shit hanging up on the bar. I told them i had to do squats and they werent happy.

Reminds me of this post by a WA lifter who got told he was benching 280kg wrong lol

I had this personal trainer with a major case of small man syndrome come up and tell me how to bench. When I explained to him (and I was honestly very polite) that benching with an arch in the back, elbows tucked, shoulders pined back and lats flared allows for a safer and bigger bench. I was told to stop or get out. After 5 years I am told that I shouldnt arch, elbows flared and bench to the middle of the pec line. Bench is all about chest strength and nothing else. I had no choice but to put my tail between my legs and walk away after being blessed with the wisdom of a 20year old saint who has done a 6 week PT coarse.

in this world of litagation , oh&s , insurance , he might come of as being a nazi for making you do these things , but have to remember that he is trying to protect his arse and that of his business

at the end of the day that is the thing that you to remember that it is a business not your local hang out , if you don't like the rules move on

I agree with you to a certain extent, except all i think of is im paying good money to train there and i feel like im being treated like shit.

I bring a cd player in and crank up my music and the gym is right next to his office and he winges that the music is to loud and he cant concentrate on his office work, also they have tv's in there and the old people sit on the treddmills and watch the today show and the mornings show and they complained to the owner that they cant hear it cause of my music so he told me to have it really light or dont have it on at all, WHAT THE FUCK its a gym not a place to watch tv, that really pissed me off.

Bring in headphones and an ipod. Problem solved. Bringing in a CD player in to a gym is not allowed in 99.99% of gyms. Not everyone wants to hear your music.

All the other issues are find a gym that suits you more issues. I only have issues with people dumping DB's like idiots and they nearly or hit other people who are around. Controlled drops are fine.

I agree with you to a certain extent, except all i think of is im paying good money to train there and i feel like im being treated like shit.

Rules are normally available such as "Don't drop the weights", "No chalk" etc. If you are not following them then he has the right to tell you off. Basically it is his gym and you should be doing as he tells you. If you do not like it tell him that you would like to cancel due to these issues. If you make enough fuss he will probably let you leave with out fulfilling the contract.

i better not get up to a 200kilo + deadlift he will get up me for using to much of the weights. Deadset i can imagine him sayin it.

The only rule I dislike in the gym I train at is the no bags on the gym floor. Meaning you can't carry your gym bag around with you. It must go in a locker, yet you can carry around you. water bottle, towel, gloves and T-shirt and leave them all over the floor!

Last edited:
The only rule I dislike in the gym I train at is the no bags on the gym floor. Meaning you can't carry your gym bag around with you. It must go in a locker, yet you can carry around you. water bottle, towel, gloves and T-shirt and leave them all over the floor!
I hate this rule!
I take in a bit of my own stuff like neck pads for bar, bottles, supps, wrist straps, sometimes my boxing gloves, ab mat.
I think this shit scattered all around is more of a risk than a bag whichis far more visible.
I have been warned for swearing at people.

I hate this rule!
I take in a bit of my own stuff like neck pads for bar, bottles, supps, wrist straps, sometimes my boxing gloves, ab mat.
I think this shit scattered all around is more of a risk than a bag whichis far more visible.
I have been warned for swearing at people.
I totally agree that is much more of a risk by having it all lying around compared to being in a bag!

I just cruise around my local ff like i own the joint. Never been told not to do anything that a regular gym goer likes to do(drop weights, chalk, bag on floor). The bunnies on the front desk let me do what i want, they must love my big muscles.