• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

RUM IV this weekend

Its a pity the IPF didnt allow its lifters to compete this year

Raw Unity is a brilliant idea

Are you planning on competing there Nathan, or Clash Of The Titans

Sean Katterle keeps asking if I'm sending anyone over

Shit hit the fan on PL Watch today. Big blow up with this anti-IPF thing they've got going which lead to Erik T asking why Mike T hasn't been banned from IPF after competing in a comp which had a banned lifter in it. Mike T responded saying that this was the first time he heard that he had and questioning the intentions of airing the question in a public forum in that manner. The entire feel good thread is now gone.

How can a great sport full of crazy strong bastards have so much bitchy politics...?

Someone should one day tell the non biased story of what happened at the 1990 Nationals at the South Side Six hotel in Moorabin.

In Australia, it all traces back to that fateful day. I was in the crowd watching, I was in disbelief as to what took place.

It was decades later that I found out what happened behind the scenes.

I trained some lifters to State Titles in 1992 in a new Fed, then disappeared from PL till 2007.

In 2010, I actually found out what happened, why, and the cause of the dilution of the sport today.

It was massive back then, you guys have no idea

The division goes back further than 1990. For example, ADFPF broke away from the Australian Powerlifting Federation Inc (the then IPF affiliated national powerlifting body) in 1986 and affiiliated with the World Drug Free Powerlifitng Federation.

I personally don't think the "history" needs to be repeated. There are a number of sides to the story, and with the passionate views on both sides from people that were there and the amount of time that has passed, this things tend to be distorted over time.

While PTC was there, most of us weren't. Lots of people here weren't even born. Fact is there is division in the sport, but the historical reasons for those divisions are now irrelevant IMO because the way sport is structured in Australia with funding, ASC recognition and drug testing, and what has happened in the sport internationally, there will always be division at an organisational level.

But bringing up ancient history only serves to create division between the lifters themselves. I think this would be sad, because despite organisational differences, the lifters are, for the most part, quite friendly with one another (just go look at how many PA lifters are friends of CAPO on facebook!).

Let the older generation concern themselves with this stuff.

Last edited:
All I know is in 1990, PL was huge, and pretty much everyone lifted under the same banner.

Someone wanted that Fed to go in another direction, nobody else did.

He did some disgusting underhanded things at the 1990 Nats.

Someone got smashed, and run over, competing policeman faked injuries to avoid drug testing, drug testers ran amok, winners were disqualified, and PL died that day, all because an ego maniac wanted everything his way and couldnt give a fuck about the sport.

A dictatorship was formed, and the new Fed is ruled by an Iron Fist.

I know the guy that did the smacking, I know the guy who did the driving, I know the guy that got disqualified, I know the guy that was rushed to hospital with fake injuries.

There is much, much more to this, some of the stories told to me by lifters in this new Fed leave me shaking my head. I honestly for the life of me cant believe anybody would EVER lift in this Fed. I guess most dont know 5% of it. Entire States expelled due to wanting change etc

Enough on this subject, its now History, nothing good can come of it by bringing it back up. You guys do your own research.

Its a pity RUM will be diluted this year, its a premier event in the States

While at the Worlds last year, Max and I met some incredible Canadian lifters, I discussed them on here. They competed at RUM4 this weekend gone.

Greg Doucette 89.3kg 250/232.5/285 - 767.5kg

Jay Nera 98.5kg 325/200/337.5 - 862.5kg

Willie Albert 81.6kg bombed missing his 240kg squat 3 times but making a 310kg deadlift

Unfortunately allowing Greg Doucette to compete at RUM was one of the main reasons IPF lifters couldn't compete as in previous years. He is currently serving a suspension from the IPF (Canadian Powerlifting Union) for doping (boldenone), and you can't compete with banned lifters.