• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Run for your life! At a comfortable pace, and not too far

Even more reason why people should lift weights.

It's more fun.
Produces better results.
More muscle = more calories burned at rest.
Workouts save time.
Less chance of loose skin if your dieting down from being obese etc etc etc

Even more reason why people should lift weights.

It's more fun.
Produces better results.
More muscle = more calories burned at rest.
Workouts save time.
Less chance of loose skin if your dieting down from being obese etc etc etc

Do both.

No doubt. In my uneducated opinion, a very low resting rate of 30-50 or so is a good sign of a good heart?
Without getting into the numbers, I would say the best way to note an improvement in heart fitness would be to make a comparison between your current resting heart rate now, with another time in the future. Much like the increased weight on the bar measured over a time period, to indicate an increased level of strength.

Fadi.

I dont ever run. I lift for 2 hours, 4 days a week. I walk to the train station twice a day (10minute trip at both ends).
Feel fit. Resting heart rate always around 50.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I dont ever run. I lift for 2 hours, 4 days a week. I walk to the train station twice a day (10minute trip at both ends).
Feel fit. Resting heart rate always around 50.

Before footy season started I was unfit as fuck. Checked resting heart rate and was 48.

For me anyway I need weights and cardio to feel fit and healthy. I like the long slow cardio a couple times a week

Before footy season started I was unfit as fuck. Checked resting heart rate and was 48.

For me anyway I need weights and cardio to feel fit and healthy. I like the long slow cardio a couple times a week

Yeah.
I dont how far I could run if I needed to. Id say 5k wouldnt be hard, but id hate it.

I have considered adding very small, slow runs a couple times a week to compliment my training. Id do sprints, but I think the risk vs reward is too high for me, shitty knees and ankles etc.

Yeah.
I dont how far I could run if I needed to. Id say 5k wouldnt be hard, but id hate it.

I have considered adding very small, slow runs a couple times a week to compliment my training. Id do sprints, but I think the risk vs reward is too high for me, shitty knees and ankles etc.

I don't like running for the same reason. Recumbent exercise bike is good for me.