• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

RVIEW: Samsung GEAR Fit

Have thought about getting one of these but a few things I've read about them have put me off. Let me know how you go with the HRM. What phone are you using it with?

Have thought about getting one of these but a few things I've read about them have put me off. Let me know how you go with the HRM. What phone are you using it with?
Samsung Galaxy 5
There are no scratch resistant protection for them yet.

I like that it shows me my text msgs and notifications for my phone. And can control the media player from it.

The HRM has proven somewhat accurate vs finger/15 sec test. I hope it will be accurate in the spin bike so to save me from working it out manually.

They look pretty hot. I am no fan of watches but won't mind slapping one of these on my wrist. If it measures HR accurately thats a bonus. AFAIK the only way to measure it correctly is to use chest straps so it feels like wearing bra at the gym.

Most of the new age ones that use the light thru your wrist seem to be pretty accurate compared to the straps.

Do you need to hold your arm out straight to get it to work kaz?

This one throws a light into your wrist. You hit the HR button and it gives you a reading within a few seconds. Just got to place it away from the wrist bone

Update kaz? I've been looking at the fitbit hr and jawbone up3 (vapourware maybe?)

Wife has jawbone up24 but I want something with hrm built in.

Have they evolved to the point there's a screen on them things now or what? Or do I have to still walk near my computer and bluetooth it just to see if its switched on lol

The gear fit has had a screen and its been out for ages...
The fitbit hr shows the HR on it or the fitbit surge that's coming is more like a watch. Downside is the bigger the screen, the worse the battery life. Screenless ones can go for a couple of weeks between charges.

I've got the up24, don't think any of them are accurate enough though, take any sort of movement as 'steps'. I mean I can wank for 5kms! They need GPS
Leaning towards the Microsoft band as my next one

whoa, wank for 5kms?? ok I got to beat that..

A challenge is afoot!

Ma9ELwQ.gif