• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sardines

They are supposed to be really good for you. I just hate the taste of them.

Misses eats them sometimes, I would love to be able to eat them.

The are 2 types of sardines, the cheap big sardines (brunswick). They taste like arse and make me gag.

John West sardines are good, they use smaller ones.

The best ones are King Oscar in Tomato sauce. They are good straight out of the can.

Use the last 2 brands in this recipe: http://casaveneracion.com/microwave-recipe-cheese-topped-baked-egg-and-sardines/

Avoid brunswick at all cost... also they are a lot healthier than Tuna. I also eat mackerel too, it's packed with omega 3s.

EDIT: Just checked, woolies has special on King Oscar at the moment, $2.65 instead of the usual $3.10, so I will stock up.

Last edited:
Off the topic, but I've tried canned salmon in brine, nearly gagged, fuck it was feral.
On the onther hand I can eat smoked salmon every day.

:D
I want a full report.
I'm buying some sardines tomorrow
Had the toast going only to open the cupboard and no fricken vinegar!
fear not though, I improvised and used white balsamic vinegar

I didn't mash them up completely, just slightly squished
She's a very niiiice!

IMG_0540.jpg

Fresh sardines are the bomb....

But canned, Il mix them with chopped up tomato, salt, pepper, parsley and red onion.

then onto your preferred toasted bread

My dogs eat the home brand ones a few times a week, Go nuts for the shit, Great for the coats too

Asian canned eel is also amazing, In chilli sauce or black bean. better then tuna and sardines but a bit pricey