• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

school me on nootropic's

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
school me please...what are nootropic's? do you use them? do they work? are they worth it?

p.s i did at least wiki it

Nootropics (pron.: /n.əˈtrɒpɨks/ noh-ə-TROP-iks), also referred to as smart drugs, memory enhancers, neuro enhancers, cognitive enhancers, and intelligence enhancers, are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals, and functional foods that purportedly improve mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration.[1][2] The word nootropic was coined in 1972 by the Romanian Dr. Corneliu E. Giurgea,[3][4] derived from the Greek words νους nous, or "mind," and τρέπειν trepein meaning "to bend/turn". Nootropics are thought to work by altering the availability of the brain's supply of neurochemicals (neurotransmitters, enzymes, and hormones), by improving the brain's oxygen supply, or by stimulating nerve growth.

stimulants such as Amphetamines, caffeine, nictine fall under this catergory

so do they act as a stimulant like a pre workout is supposed too or will i just be able to recite Pi back to the 67,890th decimal place?

diffferent chemicals have different effects , some are meant to make you more alert , while others help you think

Thanks!! All the Valium and endone I've been taking for my back has really numbed my already damaged brain.

so do they act as a stimulant like a pre workout is supposed too or will i just be able to recite Pi back to the 67,890th decimal place?

What, you can't already?! Better get some Nootropics, stat!

On a related note, I'm giving Noopept a go. Was looking for Aniracetam.

I hate the fact that the serves are 10mg or whatever, so small to measure out...

Some of them do work as a stimulant to help with workouts - e.g. Acetyl Cartinine, Alpha GPC (which are not very tasty in powder form...)

I experimented a bit last year with a few of them.

Aniracetam is fat soluble and best results were when i had it with a small meal with fat in it. That really helped me through some issues that i was going through and really helped with flow of speech. Not that i have trouble verbally but my words just seemed to flow so much easier. Didn't feel a real buzz or anything but my mood and motivation increased a lot and when you start talking you realise somethings going on!!!

Piracetam i had an hour or so after a light breakfast, so a relatively empty stomach was good for me. That really brought out a creative side. I'm a forklift driver and no-one could believe how neat, tidy and organised our warehouse was. I went nuts in the garage at home one day which i just could not be bothered doing ever. Once you get into that zone there's just no stopping. That worked great for 3-4 days then it seemed to wear off. But i was still more creative and motivated than before i was using it, just with out the full-on feeling.

Oxiracetam i tried but didn't get much out of it.

You have to find the right dose and the right combination that works for YOU so experimenting is a must before passing judgement. A few people gave me some advice on stacks to try but they never worked as well as i described above.

Don't know if they'd be useful for training but i've read Phenyl-Piracetam is quite stimulating which may make it a possible pre-training supp. Haven't tried it though.......yet!!

Hope that's been a bit of a help.

I am a huge fan of piracetam, I can do loads of paperwork and study on it without feeling mental fatigue. If you are feeling a bit foggy due to the night before, piracetam helps as well. I take it with choline for added punch.

Seeing that BN has released Cognitone, I am interested in trying it and see how it compares with piracetam. Or.. and this is the clincher, can I take it WITH piracetam! *brain farts*

do you develop resistance/tolerance to them??
any reason to not continue with them often? you guys make em sound pretty good :)

use them in the lead up to major assignments and exams
then back off afterwards

Going to see if these help with sight reading (music)

i've been interested in using something like piracetam to up my productivity but ironically i just haven't gotten around to it. i want to use it to maximise my spare time for personal use (learning languages, working on personal projects, etc).

the local ebay sellers sell things like aniracetam promoting it as "better than piracetam" - anyone used any of this stuff?

Piracetam i had an hour or so after a light breakfast, so a relatively empty stomach was good for me. That really brought out a creative side. I'm a forklift driver and no-one could believe how neat, tidy and organised our warehouse was. I went nuts in the garage at home one day which i just could not be bothered doing ever. Once you get into that zone there's just no stopping. That worked great for 3-4 days then it seemed to wear off. But i was still more creative and motivated than before i was using it, just with out the full-on feeling.
Were you taking choline with it? Apparently piracetam works better when combined with choline.

Were you taking choline with it? Apparently piracetam works better when combined with choline.

No. I know it is recommended to but i didn't. I never got headaches so my Choline levels must be already high.

Nootropics deplete your Choline levels that why it's recommended to use them together. Eggs are a good source of Choline and i eat plenty of them.

No. I know it is recommended to but i didn't. I never got headaches so my Choline levels must be already high.

Nootropics deplete your Choline levels that why it's recommended to use them together. Eggs are a good source of Choline and i eat plenty of them.
Thanks for the info and now it makes sense.