• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Self-massage devices

Riddles

I'm all about making good investments. I feel great after getting a massage but can't really afford to get regular ones. So I'm wondering if it's worth investing in some of those fancy massage rollers, sticks, balls and things I hear people talk about.

Is there any people can recommend in particular?

I already have access to a foam roller and a couple of hard tennis balls taped together.

And is there really any benefit to a rumble roller compared to a standard roller without the bumps?

Rumble roller is way more intense.

PVC pipe does the job as well and will save you coin.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I have a rumble roller and a foam roller, I believe you can live without a rumble roller but sometimes you just need that little more that a foam roller doesn't provide!

I have a rumble roller and a foam roller, I believe you can live without a rumble roller but sometimes you just need that little more that a foam roller doesn't provide!

Bet you got the rabbit, the dolphin, the tickler and a big black one as well...........

Sorry couldn't help myself

Reactions: kaz
I made my own foam roller, some orange PVC pipe and foam from clark rubber. Its great.

dxjotw.jpg

Rumble roller is perfect for me before and the day after a sessions. My rhomboids, hammies and pecs get particularly tight. Standard foam rollers did very little for me, I need something very aggressive.

Hey mate,

In another life, I was a remedial massage therapist. Unfortunately there is no device or gadget that will ever be anywhere near close to getting a massage.

Getting a remedial massage every month is very beneficial to your training. You'll recover quicker, can push your self harder, and get bigger quicker.

Go on you tube and watch a ton of stretching videos, It'll be far more beneficial then any gadget or self massage tool.

Hey mate,

In another life, I was a remedial massage therapist. Unfortunately there is no device or gadget that will ever be anywhere near close to getting a massage.

Getting a remedial massage every month is very beneficial to your training. You'll recover quicker, can push your self harder, and get bigger quicker.

Go on you tube and watch a ton of stretching videos, It'll be far more beneficial then any gadget or self massage tool.

I have to disagree, I have been able to release knots even a qualified Osteotherapist could not release for me with a tennis ball / hockey ball and persistence. Once you're in tune with your own body you know the exact points to search for and release with a variety of tools and techniques.

If the therapist knew exactly what they were doing, sure they would probably be the same or better, the problem is finding someone qualified as such and trusting they will be diligent in searching for problems areas instead of just booking multiple appointments to get more money from you.

Last edited:
Ha. And fill it with the foam for a flesh light type experience. Haha.

That rubber is actually quite thin now. It does the trick!