• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Seriously heavy duty strength equipment

PTC

I put this thread in here as it is only suitable for guys searching for over the top strong squat racks and bench presses.

We used a set of squat stands that belong to Barry Murray for ProRawOne.

We had guys squatting 300kg from them. I was VERY impressed. We took measurements and pics.

Alen has made a pair for PTC. They are going to be powdercoated, so I'll have them in the gym next week.

For those that dont know, alot of the squat stands around come from China, I have a set at PTC, in fact we used them for every PTC comp. They did fine.

The steel is 1mm thickness. These new ones use 3mm steel, absolute over kill, but they will be around longer than us, and do not need a load rating as nobody could squat enough weight to damage them. Alen put 240kg on his and still couldnt tip them over while hanging off them.

All the equipment that Alen makes will be fully welded. He will not be making power racks as the ones that Gym Direct sell are pretty awesome and impossible to damage.

The gap in the market is squat stands and bench presses. The bench press he is making is modeled on the Forza one, used in the biggest events all around the world. The Forza one is bolted together. Alen will be making mine a welded one. He can do bolted for interstate shipping to keep costs down if the client wanted. The bench dimensions will be the same as the Eleiko cmp bench, in regards to width, length and height. Adjustable uprights etc

Understand that these racks and benches will be hand made to order only. It will take up to 2-4 weeks to make. They can obviously be powder coated to any color you want.

One of the reasons we cant get stuff like this is because with most stuff coming from China, needing to send it flat packed and using cheaper steel to keep costs down, as the mass market doest want a squat rack that can hold 500kg.

This stuff is not for the mass market. I can't post pics, so simply google Forza and check out there bench press. It retails for $1000 in the USA.

He will also be making all the equipment I will use for my Strongman comp, Yoke, Farmers Walk handles, Log, Prowler etc. This stuff will be made after my bench press.

If anyone is interested in checking the stuff he makes out, you'll be able to see it at PTC.

Please post inquiries here for now

Last edited:
Not worked out yet.

Alen will know the price of the squat stands once there powder coated.

The bench press hasnt been made yet, next project.

Alen can use thinner steel and reduce the cost, but I want my stuff to be indestructable.

I might be interested in farmers walk handles and a prowler Markos.

Have you seen the prowler rick is doing? I had a look at it when I was in picking some gear up the other night. Apparently there's still a few more tweeks to be made and it will be a while yet before it's ready for sale though...

Cheers

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0024[1].jpg
    IMG_0024[1].jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 261
Alen is working out a price.

These are painted in tupac lol

Alen can also fill the base with shot, making them harder to move, but more stable.

Owners choice

Has anyone ever used hydraulics for squat / bench stands? Seems like pin height could be exact to the mm, and much, much fucken easier to change between lifters.

I ask because I can't really see powerlifting getting into the olympics with so many spotters standing around, so the safety pins would need to be set perfectly.

Those stands do look pretty tough.

Hydraulics have been around forever, Laurie Butler has 2 sets of squat stands at his gym with them.

Lever is the future

PL will NEVER EVER be in the Olympics

America has over 35 Feds, big obstacle

Too many countries on probation in the IPF because of positive results

Its a shit television spectacle, OL is a million times better to watch, its an athletic sport. No room for 2 Strength sports in my opinion.

WSM used to be poor, too many static events. They introduce the aerobic events, better viewing, TV, now booming.

12 spotters milling around a squatter is crap.

The OL guys joke on vids about support staff and support equipment around a PL squatting

Its not a pure sport unfortunately.

But I love it as an underground sport, where it belongs, keeping fuckheads out

Pretty heavy.

The ones these are copied from dont have shot in them. Used every week for 250+kg squats and occasionally 300+. They dont move around unless you do something stupid.

Well we can get shot in 10kg boxes. I reckon you could put 3 boxes in each stand. At least. If your a good lifter, its not needed. Gawain squatted 300kg off them at ProRawOne. These are identical in every way except colour.

Last night Armando, Max, Alen and Pierre all squatted off these stands. That will be the only place they squat for awhile

Pretty heavy.

The ones these are copied from dont have shot in them. Used every week for 250+kg squats and occasionally 300+. They dont move around unless you do something stupid.

Ah I was asking from the perspective of trying to figure out how easy they are to move, I don't doubt they are solid to squat in.

As they are, very easy to move.

Alen is working out costs. The steel alone cost him $150. He could use thinner steel, but then its not worth making them.

Once he has all his costs sorted, he'll decide if its worth making them. Most wont pay for quality, they simply look at price.

Alen is a tradesman who has a tonne of work, this would be a side thing in his spare time if it goes ahead.

I'll keep everyone posted. Alen is not known for being rushed