• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should body-building be an Olympic Sport?

Should body-building be an Olympic Sport?

• Yes

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 93.1%

• Total voters
Why not?

They say handball is a sport? FFS!

More importantly, can someone start a poll for;

Should there be 2 Olympics, with one natural and one open to whatever you want to take?

I reckon it would be awesome!

Hell no.

No offence to anyone, but blokes posing on the stage is surely not the kind of athletic performance deserving olympic gold.

Isn't the athletic component of bodybuilding the actual lifting?

Why not?

They say handball is a sport? FFS!

More importantly, can someone start a poll for;

Should there be 2 Olympics, with one natural and one open to whatever you want to take?

I reckon it would be awesome!

I doubt the Olympic committee will promote the use of steroids but it would be interesting the difference in performance, MMA would be a good addition to the Olympics but BB doesn't interest me as a Olympic sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think combination of a strongman event which incorporated a posing event could satisfy the bodybiulding fans?
All for world peace.

No, as mentioned above, any bber worth seeing wouldn't come close to passing the drug test and natural bber look like tennis players in speedos.
Now the idea of of having an untested Olympics is great, would love to see the and compare the results in each discipline.

Another point why the fuck is tennis in the Olympics.

With golf, the most pointless sport in the olympics (golf is returning for the 2016 games). The players don't give a crap as olympic gold isn't the pinnacle of the sport.

In my opinion for a sport to be included, the gold medal should be the pinnacle of that event.

absolutely not. Not a sport, but an art simply based on what you look like.

At least, artistic gymnastics and similar sports have guidelines about form to guide judges on, with no regard who has got best physique.

With golf, the most pointless sport in the olympics (golf is returning for the 2016 games). The players don't give a crap as olympic gold isn't the pinnacle of the sport.

In my opinion for a sport to be included, the gold medal should be the pinnacle of that event.

I agree.

Not sure what its up to now but there was talk of kicking wrestling out of the Olympics. In my opinion that is the exact type of sport which should be in the Olympics.

No one watches it. You never hear anything about nor should you. Better sports to be in the Olympics.

Yeah

but i think the decision was based on money, watching tennis irritates me.

You go to the tennis, you cant speak, move or fart.

Another point why the fuck is tennis in the Olympics.

That bothers me also, what is a multi millionaire pro doing in the Olympics?
The average racquet swinging kunce has no hope of any medal.
Same reason pro boxers couldn't compete, but even now for Rio they will be allowed, to give the amateurs a chance to survive they've capped the experience to 10 or 15 pro fights max, any more under their belt and they can't compete.
Would love to see all pros removed from Olympics , trouble is the runners and sprinters and such would have no arena to make money in.

That bothers me also, what is a multi millionaire pro doing in the Olympics?

The average racquet swinging kunce has no hope of any medal.

Same reason pro boxers couldn't compete, but even now for Rio they will be allowed, to give the amateurs a chance to survive they've capped the experience to 10 or 15 pro fights max, any more under their belt and they can't compete.

Would love to see all pros removed from Olympics , trouble is the runners and sprinters and such would have no arena to make money in.

I'm fine with pros. Like what was said before, if the Olympics isn't the pinnacle of the sport get the fuck out. Eg tennis, golf.

Athletics, swimming, weightlifting ect I want to see the best of the best not a bunch of hacks.