• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shoulder exercises

Morgan

Hey guys, I'm due for a new program soon and I am trying to pick the 3 best shoulder exercises, what do you guys/gals think?

I've got these ** in mind.

Rear deltoid machine **
Upright rows
DB front raises
DB side raises **
Overhead press
Arnold Press **

Cheers guys

Military Press and Arnold Press should be plenty I think, for overall size, strength and shape.
Unless you're a pro-bodybuilder who's really focused on shape in every dimension.

military presses are the bomb, i reckon doing shoulders is one of the hardest groups to work more me because i fatigue real quickly in that area

Seated Dumbell press's are my fave compound exercise. It takes balance and you get a better range of motion than barbell.
My second is Military press's done seated and on a smith machine
Standing or seated side lateral raises are my third.
A good program will hit each head of the delts. Front delts dont need doing or isolating. Do not neglect rear delts or you will end up with half a coconut.
AZZA

I don't know if this will cause an uproar here, but i've found i can lift more and get failure that feels more 'complete' when i do military db press one arm at a time (ie one set right arm then one set left arm). I've only done it a few times and was wondering if there is any real reason why people don't seem to do this?

The obvious i can think of is posture - but i've found that i can do it without arching sideways, my posture is straight and i don't feel any strains in my back.

Nothing wrong with doing alternating sides, esp if you have a weaker or smaller shoulder.

Heavy standing presses.
Did my bodyweight the other day while playig around with some new bumper plates.
Gave me some sore shoulders, untrained at the time though so doms naturally high.