• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Slow Cooker recipes

S

sbwayne

Who has a slow cooker?
Any tips on how to use it?

So far I've tried the following and they have all been "ok" but nothing fantastic.
* pot roast
* chicken soup
* osso bucco

In general I always seem to get dryish meat, pretty average flavours... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

subscribed. Mums going overseas for a couple months. Might want to give this a try!

Can you ever slow cook for say 15 hours? I usually leave the house at 7am and come home at around 930pm

i actually prefer and cooked heaps better stuff using the crock pot or la crussett pot or what ever on the stove, only problem is you have to have the time to stir every now and then and do it on really low heat over 6 + hrs....

subscribed. Mums going overseas for a couple months. Might want to give this a try!

Can you ever slow cook for say 15 hours? I usually leave the house at 7am and come home at around 930pm

Yeah. In my old slow cooker used to cook stuff for 24+ hours. But you have to make sure it doesn't go dry.

I need to get my slow cooker out, haven't used it in so long.

you can do shredded chicken too. i do a couple of chicken breasts and some bbq sauce and you have pulled chicken. it can be a bit dry in texture though because of the lack of fat but its great to throw on pizzas or have in tortillas

I find anywhere the meat doesn't have fat on it becomes dry and stringy, which is kind of rage inducing after waiting patiently for 8 hours. Even like pork shoulder, the lean parts are dry and only the goblets of fat and skin are nice. I am starting to think that the slow cooker is only good for cooking brisket, tendons, pork belly, and chicken arses.