• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

some diet advice

riddick

Hey guys and girls,

I've been a lurker here for some time, but l've got a question to ask all of you.

My sister has just had a baby (roughly 2 months ago), she had to have a cesarean.

Anyway she wants to start losing the fat she gained over her pregnancy, l have given here some recipes and she's doing quite well, but l was just wonder if anyone here has some recipes to try, keep in mind she has a new born, she has a 2 year old, she is after some quick meals, something she can maybe make in bulk.

Another thing that's not working in her favor is, her baby has trouble sleeping at night, so she's not getting much sleep, so she's pretty low in energy, l've said to her once the baby settles down, and she starts getting some well rested nights sleep, starts to get more active (once her stomach heals), sticks to a healthly well balanced diet, she'll lose the excess weight in no time.

But there's no harm in getting some advice and tips from you all on this forum.

Thanks,

Scottie.

OK,

I'm not good on recipes as lately im just on fish chicken eggs steak and shitloads of veggies and fruit, but I also found out I am anemic and have just started to up the red meat per week and am now on a behind the counter iron supplement.

I was constantly tired, recovering from workouts, but didnt quite have the stamina to go the full length sometimes. Bags under my eyes and all the rest.

I got this off a website:

Why did I get iron deficiency anaemia?

The reasons for getting iron deficiency anaemia include:
  • losing a lot of blood from heavy periods or stomach and bowel problems, including ulcers or cancer;
  • lack of iron in the diet over a long period of time;
  • fast growth in children;
  • being born early (premature);
  • being pregnant — the mother’s iron stores go to her baby;
  • excessive exercise — the body needs more iron than usual and iron is lost in sweat;
  • being unable to absorb iron in the bowel, for example in Crohn’s disease or coeliac disease;
  • regular use of medicines that can cause stomach bleeding (for example, aspirin and anti-inflammatories); and
  • damaged veins or bleeding piles (haemorrhoids).
Not saying your sister is lacking iron, because I havent seen her etc, but maybe there is something that could help with the pressures of a newborn (mind you, there is no substitute for a good 8 hours sleep).

The lack of iron also gave me trouble sleeping. Am slowly getting back into the rhythm of having deep deep sleeps now and its working wonders.

Hope it helps.