• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

split bodypart programs

D

derkaderka

Mon Shoulders/abs
Tues Arms
Wed Back/hams
Thurs Chest/abs
Fri Quads

Sets were 3-4 (usually 5 sets for legs)
reps were 6-12

This is the routine i followed before my last competition.

I always like to change my routine every so often. The above routine is not set in stone.

Mon
Seated dumbell press
side laterals
bent over laterals
pulley crunches
weighted leg raises

Tues
Skull crushers
close grip bench press (elbows in)
Tricep pushdown
Preacher curl
standing barbell curl
Hammers

Wed
Chin ups
Lateral pulldown
Seated cable row
Tbar rows
Stiff legged deadlifts
leg curls

Thurs
Pec dec
Incline dumbells
incline press
leg raises
pulley crunches

Fri
leg extensions
leg press
hack squat

SAT and SUN no training

might not be such a great idea with that much volume...

Well the man needs them... As its what he believes he is lacking, back and legs..

So i would instead of havign an arm day have a compound day..

After all the greatest bodybuilders in the world built their bodies on power and strength first.. Even Arnold.

Compound is the only way to go body building or strength then add all the willy nilly exercises..

Things are way more complex then that noobs.

As you and I know squatting 5x10 a week AND THEN doing 2-3 other compound exercises is going to burn out a lot of lifters, even in the pro bodybuilding world.

Less intense compounds (eg leg press) and isolation work allow more volume without the cns stress.

Problem is this sort of thing is never a great place for beginners to start because they dont know what works/doesnt work for them.

Some good points there Oliver. I think Derka could do with some squats though maybe even a 2 day a week of legs comprising different exercises than listed to help bring them up. But it is his choice. Also I believe this was precomp workout, a bodybuilder precomp, low cal diet at very low bodyfat levels would have trouble recovering from high CNS stress so noobs advice would be hard to incorporate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Some good points there Oliver. I think Derka could do with some squats though maybe even a 2 day a week of legs comprising different exercises than listed to help bring them up. But it is his choice. Also I believe this was precomp workout, a bodybuilder precomp, low cal diet at very low bodyfat levels would have trouble recovering from high CNS stress so noobs advice would be hard to incorporate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Im only suggesting from what derka has said i.e regardign his back and legs and from what i have read in regards to body building (mainly arnolds book i have just finished reading) There was always compound exercises and strength emphasis and this is arguably the most well respected, influentual bodybuilder ever... So im sure he has some idea on how to be big strong and well 'defined'

Hey I am all for full body or at least a split that hits each muscle group twice a week at least but maybe not pre comp especially with CNS killers in such a condition. Personally I think Derka should try some full body work to build up some more leg muscles then maybe throw in some extra filler on top of that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey I am all for full body or at least a split that hits each muscle group twice a week at least but maybe not pre comp especially with CNS killers in such a condition. Personally I think Derka should try some full body work to build up some more leg muscles then maybe throw in some extra filler on top of that.
Posted via Mobile Device

That would be great, i didnt see the line that it was pre contest.

But even squatting once a week couldnt kill that much especially if you have a day devoted to arms that cant be too taxing on the cns. So simply do squats day before...

I like what arnold says calves sohuld be same size as your arms and quads in proportion to chest.

Never says its a pre comp routine, he simply says it was the routine he followed before his last comp, maybe he can clarify.

Yeah routine before my last comp, wouldn't ever do a fullbody routine you wouldn't be able to get enough sets on each bodypart to make it productive for bodybuilding

Yeah routine before my last comp, wouldn't ever do a fullbody routine you wouldn't be able to get enough sets on each bodypart to make it productive for bodybuilding

Not full body routine per day..

Just some power and compound exercises added..

Derka is lacking thickness in legs and back. I think deads and squats would without doubt help these areas. But he would need to cut back some of the other stuff.

IMO the best looking BB's are the ones who have built a base of power.

i love how noobs is an expert in every single field. Bodybuilding, strength training, diet & nutrition,

There's obviously a lot to be said about doing a large portion of isolation movements, since there are gyms full of succesful bodybuilders that do a damn lot of isolation work. They're obviously school'd on the benefits of compound movements

Last edited by a moderator:
Derka is lacking thickness in legs and back. I think deads and squats would without doubt help these areas. But he would need to cut back some of the other stuff.

IMO the best looking BB's are the ones who have built a base of power.

They also have the biggest waists NPR and i don't think they look good at all i'm not out to look like Johnny Jackson or Ronnie Coleman i definitely like seeing a freak though. i've always liked Frank Zane's physique and that's what i've tried to emulate myself IMO it's more appealing physique offstage and still competitive with my divisions that i compete in.
I'm always on top of trying to keep my waist tight

What needs to happen is more focus in the off season on legs and back as i've been slack in the past (not 100% at times) and it shows

Poweer Ranger, people that live in glass homes shouldnt masturbate.

Read your journal without looking at the weights and someone would guess your training for the Worlds.

Now look at the weights and they think your preparing for the Girl Scout Nationals, in the 44kg class.

If you dont like someone having a dig at you, dont have a dig at someone else.

When you can lift as much weight as Christian, open your mouth, till then, show some respect.

Are you going to ask a moderator to delete this post as well?

Derka, you look better than 99% of the guys on here, keep doing what your doing big fella, BB is subjective.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Derka,you are doing awesomely well. sure you can make a few little improvements here and there like everyone else, but as PTC said, you look better than 99% of guys here.

Keep it up champ.

ive heard of the routines done back in the 80s, 3 on 1 off double splits where you could fit the big compounds with all the BB stuff

Something like

day1
morning: squats, leg work
night: calves, leg work
day2
morning: bench, chest work
night: arm work
day3
morning: deadlifts, rows, other work for back
night: shoulder work
day4 rest

or something like that, all with 12-15 rep range

you'd have to be pretty hardcore and have lots of time.

Derka , if your chasing more improvment in your legs and back,?, maybe you could change arms too wednesdays with hams, then spend the whole of tuesday on back,incorparating some deadlifts at the start of your routine.