• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Split routine

K

kevkev123

Im relatively new to weight lifting, only 2 or 3 months in. Love doing splits! Fully body workouts i dont feel pumped or tired doing them, EVER! And its frustrating because im aware of the benifits that the full body offers.

ANYWAY

Im only working one body part per week and i enjoy it like that. I do 4 exercises per body part,
4 sets of 5-6 reps (Power)
3 sets of 10-12 reps (Muscle)
3 sets of 10-12 reps (Muscle)
1 set of 40 (Burn)
But after 2 or 3 days of rest for a body part would it be totally crazy to do two exercises for that body part again using the muscle principle for sets and reps to further increase gains for the muscle?

If you dont feel tired or tha you have accomplished anything after a full body work out..

You

1.arnt working hard enough
2. rests are too long
3. not enough exercises
4. your on cocaine during your set...

What is weight/height current lifts (1rms)

If your benching 40kg to get a burn i dont see much progress for you anytime soon. we need ot know your weights.

Welcome to the mad house...

Ok firstly stop working out for a pump you are working out to get stronger and bigger not to get a pump so judge your workout by how you grow and by how much more you can lift.

Secondly, noobs touched upon it too, your intensity must not be up to par if you are not tired from a full body workout, that or you are lifting 1 set for each exercise.

Now the reason for a newb to lift full body 3 days a week is because of the quick adaption that takes place for a beginner. In 48-72 hours you will have adapted to the previous workout. So doing a split means you are losing out on more frequent adaption and are therefore losing out on subsequent strength and muscle gains. Now for an advanced lifter adaption tales longer so a split works better for them but for you it is a very bad idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 set of 40 reps lol.

Ive read countless articles everywhere on the internet for the past few months with waaay to many conflicting analogies on this topic.

Could you please propose a good full body workout for me?

My height is 186cm
Weight is 93kg
Age 19

can bench atleast 60kg (smith machine bench press) 4 sets x 6 reps

Will do a 1 rep max day to test out the whole body.

And how long to stay on full body workouts for?

1 set of 40 reps lol.

Ive read countless articles everywhere on the internet for the past few months with waaay to many conflicting analogies on this topic.

Could you please propose a good full body workout for me?

My height is 186cm
Weight is 93kg
Age 19

can bench atleast 60kg (smith machine bench press) 4 sets x 6 reps

Will do a 1 rep max day to test out the whole body.

And how long to stay on full body workouts for?

Until you squat 250 deadlfit 300 and bench 150...

I like starting strength for beginners you do it until your strength gains stop which changes for people. It is listed on here in the beginners look her thread (it's a sticky in the strength forum) but I would suggest you read the book (Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe) as it would explain a lot more about lifting that I think will benefit you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave's got it mate.
Wish I were able to start over again I wouldn't **** around doing "splits" for years and wasting the best chances of gaining that's for sure.
You will feel more complete training full body!

ps what is this "muscle principle" you speak of in your first post mate?