• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

squat lagging

tasgymbrah

Hey fellas,

I've been training for a while but for some reason my squat is lagging behind in comparisin to my bench and deadlift. My bench is 100 kg, deadlift 190kg and squat 100kg. I do legs once a weeks, can you suggest some changes to my routine to even out this imbalance?

i find it funny that everyone jumps on his case about not squatting enough...

i only squat once a week, so its doable, so im going to say its simply poor program choice and/or technique issues

The weights I was referring to were at the 5 rep range. I train 6 times a week, monday: chest & tris,
tuesday: back & biceps (I have only last week changed this to upper back only because I was still sore on saturday from the deadlifts when it came to doing squats, I now do my deadlifts on leg day after squats)
wednesday: shoulders
thursday: triceps
friday: biceps
saturday: legs & lower back: squat, deadlift, leg press, hip abductor machine (inner and outer), leg curl, leg extension, calf raise

The weakness I had in my old program was that I was still sore on saturday from deadlifts on tuesday that I would have to either go light on squats or not at all which was not productive.

Squat heavy and first every session where you have had sufficient recovery, squat lighter for more reps at the start of every session where you have not had sufficient recovery?

if your doing a split and your goal is size why are you worried about numbers?

when you do squats what exactly do you do for leg day? everything, warm ups, work sets, assistance etc

If you want strength train on a proper strength program (a 6 day split is not even close to being ideal for strength)... If you want to 'bodybuild' then do a split and dont worry about numbers because when you're on stage in your g-banger nobody asks you how much you lift.

Not sure what your goals are but I see on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday all you're training are arms and shoulders after already doing them with back and chest.
Also, personally I would not be Doing squats and deadlifts in the same workout.

It's extremely difficult to give advice to someone you know nothing about.

if your doing a split and your goal is size why are you worried about numbers?

when you do squats what exactly do you do for leg day? everything, warm ups, work sets, assistance etc

Not sure what your goals are but I see on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday all you're training are arms and shoulders after already doing them with back and chest.

Guys please, you're making too much sense.

Guys please, you're making too much sense.
lol sorry ill 'bro' it down for you...

omg bro, dont worry about what you can sqwat, all the girls want is 24" guns on chicken legs, just do another set of curls, i swear its all you.

This

He's smart.

Someone wanting to improve their squat would be wise to drop the deadlift altogether and consider replacing it with the SLDL.

The dead-lift is just plain tough, too tough to be done on the same day as the squat for most people.

Everyone knows you have to isolate the smallest muscle groups groups because your body is only as strong as its weakest link..............