• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat shoes?

Does any one have any recommendations for good shoes and where to get em?

Is there a certain level you should be at before getting them? My squat is just below 2x BW for 1 rep

what are you currently wearing?
There are two ways to go- weightlifting shoe or something like a wrestling shoe.
Most lifters in the IPF wear a weightlifting shoe, although some wear a flat soled shoe. As far as a weightlifting shoe goes- the Nikes are the best in my opinion, followed by Do-wins. For a flat sole the best are the metal ones.
I think good footwear is important regardless of your level.

There are two ways to go- weightlifting shoe or something like a wrestling shoe.
Most lifters in the IPF wear a weightlifting shoe, although some wear a flat soled shoe. As far as a weightlifting shoe goes- the Nikes are the best in my opinion, followed by Do-wins. For a flat sole the best are the metal ones.

I currently wear a puma shoe, it ha a very flat sole, I'm not sure what they are called though

Do you rate the Adidas weightlifting shoes?

Yeah- they are good. The only issue I had was that they were a little narrow- but good for sure. Which ones are you think of? I've tried the ironwork II and the powerperfects.

If your taller than average would it help to increase your squat on wide stance wearing weightlifting shoes?

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread

I'll only wear them for squats, I'll keep deadlifting in my current shoes, puma, they are very flat, I might get some vibrams when they are done though