• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Starting out, really lost.

L

lancerjosh90

Okay, basically at home i have a weight bench and individual dumb bells, also a cross trainer and ab king pro.

I've been doing weights on and off to no set schedule for about 2 months now with very minimal visible gains, probably due to a fairly poor diet and lack of any set plan.

So i've been looking through all the threads and posts which I have found extremely helpful, however to be completely honest, as I had really no knowledge prior to this, I'm finding it very daunting and I'm more or less lost. I really don't know where to start or how to get started and really need some sort of guidance please, if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

You need to tell us how old you are, if you have any health problems, what your athletic background is - someone who played football in high school and just finished is different to someone who was just in the D&D club, and they're both different to someone who used to walk 6km to school every day, but recently had a knee reconstruction.

Once we know where you're coming from, you can tell us where you want to go. Someone who wants to train to lose some fat is different to someone who wants to get stronger for soccer, and they're both different to someone who wants to be big and become a bouncer.

So we can only give general advice at this stage.

If you are untrained, coming from being basically non-athletic, then I would not even begin with the weights. See this thread for my advice to a complete beginner in ordinarily poor condition but with no major health problems.

Last edited:
Welcome to AUSBB.
Its good yourve been hitting those home weights cos there gonna prime you up for the real deal.

A basic programme would go something like this.....

Stretch before doing any exercise (of course)

Monday Chest and triceps
Flat bench press 3 x 10 reps
Tricep Kickbacks 3 x 10 reps

Tuesday Back and Bieceps
Lateral pull downs or Bent over rows 3 x 10 reps
Dumbell curls 3 x 10 reps

Wednesday REST or Cardio

Thursday shoulders and traps
Seated DB shoulder press 3 x 10 reps
Shrugs 3 x 10 reps

Friday Legs
Barbell Squats 3 x 10 reps
or DB lunge's

Saturday and Sunday Rest

Thats a fairly basic programme and easy to follow. just make sure you up the weights slightly between sets so your going just about your heaviest on your last sets.
keep a record of it all and do it all again next week. try and better it each time.
Eat heaps of protein rich foods and have fun with it.
If you dont know what some of those exercises are just look em up on youtube or anywhere on the net, you should find examples of them.

Hope that helped, good luck and good on ya!!