• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sticking to it

Kyle Aaron

Obviously, the number one thing that decides how well we do is whether we stick to it. No amount of good food and rest or even drugs will do anything for us if we stay at home on the couch! And someone who works out regularly is still going to achieve at least some of what they want however bad the rest of the stuff is.

So it's important to stick to it.

But over in the thread about the cost of gym membership, we have bree telling us that nobody would join if the cost was on the website, and funfun telling us that 90% drop out in the first month. This makes me wonder if gyms could exist if everyone were dedicated, do they rely on most paying $1,200 to go for half a dozen workouts then give up?

Anyway, what I really want to talk about is sticking to it. What makes people stick to the rhythm of working out? What makes people give up? Is it the place, the person's personality, or what? What were some times in your life when you were really dedicated, or really slack, and then changed - and why? What is this perserverance thing? :cool:

It'd be especially good to hear from anyone who's been a gym staff member, personal trainer or anything like that. My only experience like that is helping train recruits in the Army, and motivating people there is a bit different :D

i stick to it in the hope i get a result. still going atm. still hoping. and i used to motivated by the buzz i got, but now it is to just get somwhere, i want to acheive something.

For me I have no choice, it's in my blood and I am miserable when I don't train. The only thing is that I cannot train at gyms, I hate them. I train at home and will never pay those huge $$$ again.

Im finding it hard to train right now because of the cold. If anyone has any tips to beat the cold let me know :)

Train hard, you warm up!

The other day I was wearing a singlet, t-shirt and hooded top walking to the gym, when I walked back I was wearing just the singlet :p