• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strong Lifts 5 x 5

Just tried that DE style 10x3 with minimal rest for the first time on squats on Wednesday actually. Will continue with it. Good mixup and gets the heart pumping!

Hey guys,

Just for feedback...

Im stunned at how significant the gains have been using this type of format... You could say that ive finally seen the light!!!!

99% of the guys and girls in the gym should start here...Or go back to here....

In reality all gyms are poisened with poor form, bad technique and wasted movements...

Firstly... Starting strength is the place where all users should go if they want to train in a gym... Dont waste your time with strong lifts... Mark Rippetoe has comprehensive guidance and resources that are of the highest calibre.... Go with STARTING STRENGTH!!!

I use 5x5 on my legs cause I wont the volume to build a base (Note that I started my squatting real light) I use 3x 5 now for Bench and Press….

Spend some time on you tube watching Mark Rippetoe and you will quickly learn an enormous amount.... I just bought the book and the DVD and am eagerly awaiting there arrival... This guy really knows his stuff…

Looking forward my initial goals are to Bench Press and Squat 300 pounds (140kg).... (Note when I say squat 300 pounds I mean ARSE TO the GRASS)

I have never squatted properly before... Or maintained an adequate leg work out routine... My squat before the program was rare and rubbish...

I can’t believe the amazing difference building a base in squatting has made for me… I can’t believe I avoided this for so many years!!!!

Im not sure if my current squat is 100% correct but I started with 40kg and have added 2.5kg per workout... (I will seek coaching before the end of November to check on my form)... Im currently squatting at 62.5kg and have never loved squatting so much!!! By XMAS I could be up around 130kg...

My bench press has really come alive... I started at 100kg 5x5 for the first 3 workouts and then ive added 2.5kg every workout after that....

I have been bench pressing 3 times per week with my squats… LOL I have no injuries or tenderness what so ever...

After 107.5kg at 5 x 5 I decided to drop back to 3x5 for further training sessions....

Tonight I benched 3x5 at 117.5kg no problem... Form was tight… No bounce of chest with the bar just touching my shirt…. On Sunday Ill tackle 3 x 120kg....

My next training session is on Sunday… From here on in I will be following the Starting Strength Program as its written…

Last edited: