• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

study tips..

To get into phsyio you need to do a UMAT test. I have some papers around here somewhere (practice tests) if you'd like them. They are a bit challenging, but no where near as tough as the GAMSAT. That's a prick. You need to be well rounded in all facets.

If you pay out the arse, you can do your masters for 2 years.

I'm taking advantage of khan acedemy for maths, he explains the logic and reason behind everything, it's brilliant. Much better than the lecturers at Uni IMO.

For chemistry I am going to take advantage of the free tutorial and help sessions that run all day wednesdays so I can grasp the concepts.

Going to make up a timetable now for my weekly schedule, will probably change a bit once I get a part time job. Tell me what you guys think. Study on monday/tuesday will be only 1 hour for both depending on what I learn in the tutorials and what I cover in the small group sessions on the free tutoring on wednesdays.
timeschedule.jpg

nice timetable. Keep it organic....if it needs to be altered....work on it.

May I suggest you investigate the philosophy of science. I know it sounds a bit weird....but its great to get you thinking about what can be known, what is known and how to interpret data.

Blokes like Karl Popper and David Hume paved the way. Karl went on to falsifiability

Definition - Falsifiability or refutability of an assertion, hypothesis or theory is the logical possibility that it can be contradicted by an observation or the outcome of a physical experiment. That something is "falsifiable" does not mean it is false; rather, that if it is false, then some observation or experiment will produce a reproducible result that is in conflict with it.

For example, the assertion that "all swans are white" is falsifiable, because it is logically possible that a swan can be found which is not white. Not all statements that are falsifiable in principle are falsifiable in practice.

Right now we feel that gravity is present in the entire universe....we can't quite be 100% sure of this though since we have not observed the entire universe.

I find it hard to study as its so fwaaarkin boring. I have always been a go do it sort of guy....more physical. But when it comes to study you really have to be honest with yourself, don't go and organise 3hr study sessions when you know you get distracted easy. I find short focused effort sessions best, these are anywhere from 30min to max 1hr sessions that i do more regularly than say study once a week for 3-5hrs.

Most of all stay focused on the goal, ......How much do you want to change your life....than do what you have to do.

Just do it!
G

Good luck mate, it will be worth it in the end. As for a plan, keep it rough and flexible. I find best times for study are Saturday and Sunday mornings, house is quiet, i am focussed and can generally bang out a fair amount. Try different techniques and see what works for you, some people can lock themselves away for hours but I prefer an hour or so then get up and do something for a bit to clear my head before getting stuck into it again.
Chocchill is right about the rote learning, it can work for some people for simple things like times tables and such but learning for a deeper understanding of the subject through trial and error and investigation will ensure you know the processes and dynamics of your study area and with this deeper understanding you Will be able to work out any problems encountered easily.

nice timetable. Keep it organic....if it needs to be altered....work on it.

May I suggest you investigate the philosophy of science. I know it sounds a bit weird....but its great to get you thinking about what can be known, what is known and how to interpret data.

Blokes like Karl Popper and David Hume paved the way. Karl went on to falsifiability

Definition - Falsifiability or refutability of an assertion, hypothesis or theory is the logical possibility that it can be contradicted by an observation or the outcome of a physical experiment. That something is "falsifiable" does not mean it is false; rather, that if it is false, then some observation or experiment will produce a reproducible result that is in conflict with it.

For example, the assertion that "all swans are white" is falsifiable, because it is logically possible that a swan can be found which is not white. Not all statements that are falsifiable in principle are falsifiable in practice.

Right now we feel that gravity is present in the entire universe....we can't quite be 100% sure of this though since we have not observed the entire universe.

I have this theory that you are incapable of posting something that isn't insanely useful and relevant.

Can anyone show me evidence of the falsifiability of my theory?