• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tasmania CAPO meet - Andrey Malanichev vs Eric Lilliebridge vs Brandon Lilly + MORE!

0ni

Registered Rustler
BF4UtI8CQAA25qN.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/WayneHowlettPL

Sarychev Kirill - 315kg RAW Bench Presser from Russia is now confirmed, as a competitor at CAPO Nationals in August in Hobart. Don't miss it!! He will join - Eric Lilliebridge, Andrey Malanichev, Brandon Lilly, Anna Karrila, Sami Huhtala, and more

Andrey Malanichev, Eric Lilliebridge, Brandon Lilly, Anna Karilla, and more! Don't miss this !!

I think that's just where nationals happened to fall.
I'm going to look at doing a CAPO competition so that I can qualify for this event. Will be a hectic year of competing lol

Will be epic! Only Wayne could get all those big names to come over here to compete at the one meet.
Downside, going to feel even weaker than normal haha.

CAPO Nationals 2013 "Hobart"

CAPO National Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships are coming to Hobart in August 2013. This is the primary event on the CAPO calendar and it promises to be the biggest and the best powerlifting event ever held in Australia.

Scheduled for the weekend of the 10th and 11th of August 2013, the Nationals will be held in the main Stadium at Hobart’s iconic Derwent Entertainment Centre.

The CAPO federation has a reputation for running the best powerlifting events in the country, and this year we intend to go much bigger and much better than we ever have before.

We have confirmed guest appearances from a number of international superstar lifters such as the great Russian Andrey Malanichev, Eric Lilliebridge, Brandon Lilly, Kirill Sarychev, Sam Byrd, Richard Hawthorne "the Ant", and Anna Karrila. More Internationals superstars are yet to confirm.

The entire event will be broadcast on giant screens to optimize the viewing experience and results, images and video highlights will be updated continuously to officially recognized websites.

Built around the National Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships will be Tasmania’s first ever Strength and Fitness Expo. The expo will play host to twenty exhibitor booths from some of the industries most respected brands, and companies from all over Australia.

Spectators can enjoy the following competitions and demonstrations – Arm Wrestling, Crossfit, MMA, Boxing, Bodybuilder appearances, Figure and Bikini models, and Zumba.

Lee Priest – Australia’s greatest ever bodybuilder will be at the venue all weekend. Lee will be conducting a seminar on one of the evenings, and he will be available for photos and autographs. We plan to have Lee on the main stage at some point so he can show our audience he is still above and beyond the majority of pro-bodybuilders in the World today.

This event will be a true extravaganza for people of all ages. As a federation it is our aim to be the most accessible elite sporting event the Tasmanian general public has ever seen and the competing athletes will be available for autograph signings and photographs during the weekend.

The competition will be structured similarly to the Powerlifting World Championships and will include gold, silver and bronze medals in every weight class, and overall trophies.

We will be promoting this event heavily and as we get closer to the weekend of the Nationals a series of television and internet advertisements will be run throughout the country.

This will be without a doubt the best lineup of powerlifters ever assembled in Australia and is a fantastic opportunity for the city of Hobart to showcase its incredible assets to an international audience.

Presentation dinner -

The official presentation dinner will commence shortly after Sunday’s lifting, inside the Astley room at the venue. Dinner guests will enjoy a 3 course buffet meal, and full cocktail bar. Tables, and seats will be available to purchase through the competitor entry forms, which will be available soon.

Press conference -

All International lifters, and invited Australian lifters and officials are required to take part in the official press conference which will take place on Friday the 9th of August. Parts of the conference will be aired on Win TV sports, and the entire conference will be viewable on YouTube and possibly a live Internet link.

Official CAPO Nationals Hotel -

Rydges Hotel Hobart

Cnr Argyle Street & Lewis Street, Hobart, TAS 7000

1300 857 922 or 03 6231 1588

www.rydges.com/accommodation/hobart-tas/hobart/welcome/

During the weekend of CAPO Nationals 2013 “Hobart”, Rydges have offered our athletes, officials, and guests full availability, along with great affordable rates. Rydges is just a 5 -7 minute drive to the Derwent Entertainment Centre.

Please be aware - there are two other National sporting tournaments being held in Hobart during this weekend. Most other hotels in the Hobart area have little to no availability at all. We are very grateful that Rydges have offered us this exclusive service.

Rydges Guest Service Manager – Lauryn Harris, and her team of lovely staff will assist you with any enquiries or bookings. Please quote “CAPO Nationals 2013″ when calling.

Our Hobart Rydges hotel provides guests with the personal attention that only a boutique hotel can offer. Rydges Hobart’s heritage listed buildings and antique suite accommodation capture the essence of historic Hobart and provide the perfect base for exploring this city’s spectacular sights.

Rydges Hobart is one of the most conveniently located hotels in Hobart and just 2km from Hobart’s CBD. This property captures the ambience of historic Hobart and combines modern comforts with a warmth and intimacy that comes only from smaller hotels. Surrounded by gardens and lots of space, Rydges Hobart is the perfect place to step back in time and enjoy a piece of Tasmania’s historic past.

Attachments

• Rydges rates.jpg
    Rydges rates.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 9
Fuzzy brought up a good point today
Why are we inviting foreigners to our nationals? I mean it's fair enough to have famous guest lifters but why not invite them to a separate competition? It's our nationals and it's for Australian residents- inviting people from other country is basically saying "fuck you" to Australian lifters and that they are not good enough so they have to invite over other nationalities. I'd like to see an Australian compete at the Cup of Russia- never going to happen!

Fuzzy brought up a good point today
Why are we inviting foreigners to our nationals? I mean it's fair enough to have famous guest lifters but why not invite them to a separate competition? It's our nationals and it's for Australian residents- inviting people from other country is basically saying "fuck you" to Australian lifters and that they are not good enough so they have to invite over other nationalities. I'd like to see an Australian compete at the Cup of Russia- never going to happen!

If I was competing I know I would want to compete against the best. Better competition will only make it better and push others to better performances now and in the future.

Most top lifters would love the opportunity to lift against and try and beat world class lifters. No point sulking because you think you can't win now.

You're not competing against them though they are guest lifters.
Sticky could but up an elite raw total at 100kg but Dan Green will just total 100kg more than him, even if he wins it would be overshadowed by the fact Dan Green lifted 100kg more at a nationals he doesn't even belong in.

I agree though it is really awesome to have strong lifters from other countries lifting in our meets but please... not at our nationals

You're not competing against them though they are guest lifters.
Sticky could but up an elite raw total at 100kg but Dan Green will just total 100kg more than him, even if he wins it would be overshadowed by the fact Dan Green lifted 100kg more at a nationals he doesn't even belong in.

I agree though it is really awesome to have strong lifters from other countries lifting in our meets but please... not at our nationals

So if they can't win I don't see a problem then. Great opportunity to lift with some of the best and give powerlifting more of a boost.

What's the point of having them lift a another comp. So they are basically coming out as advertising for the sport have them lift at the nationals rather than some ordinary comp that no one cares about.

I'm sure sticky would care more about lifting with and learning shit off Dan Green than stealing a bit of spotlight.

I don't think it would be an ordinary comp that no-one cared about if Malan was facing off against Lilliebridge lol

I get what you're trying to say Oni but I think it's stupid. To share the same platform as these guys will be amazing & if anyone is worried about the internationals stealing the spotlight & taking attention off them then they are clearly a selfish, self-obsessed person.

I get what you're trying to say Oni but I think it's stupid. To share the same platform as these guys will be amazing & if anyone is worried about the internationals stealing the spotlight & taking attention off them then they are clearly a selfish, self-obsessed person.

Exactly what I was trying to say but just put a lot better.

I am just stating the opinion of someone else here. I personally do not give a fuck