• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Test Booster Trial - anyone interested?

Bioflex

Site Advertiser
Hi Guys,

At Bulk Nutrients we sell a lot of test boosting products. The most popular is Tribulus which has been around for many years, however a more popular product is our test booster combination which combines avena sativa and fenugreek to this. While these all work by similar mechanisms - protodiscins having an effect on leutinising hormone, they do seem to work well when combined.

Recently, D Aspartic Acid has been getting a lot of press and if the amount wel sell is a good indicator, you would have to think it is working. Certainly it seems to be better backed than Tribulus in terms of actual study results, which is always a positive.

Just this week we have added Dim (diionolymethane) to our range, as being a natural estrogen blocker it also has an effect on raising testosterone. The real benefit of Dim is that it be used to curb unwanted estrogenic sides whether they are brought on by naturals causes or other reasons (ie the use of androgenic compounds).

Anyway, given these products are so popular and we now offer what would be considered close to the optimum natural combination I would like to find at least 3 participants who are willing to put it to the test.

The idea is to run the test booster combination, D aspartic acid as well as Dim for 8 - 10 weeks after having blood tests done measuring both testosterone and estrogen.
Once the trial is winding up the plan would be for tests to be condustced again.
Throughout the test, ideally it would be good to have participants keep everyone up to date with changes in strength, muscularity, changes in body fat %, as well as any perceived changes to aggression, energy levels and any other factors which have been affected.

If you are interested in getting involved please let me know by pm.
Please understand this should not be seen as an easy way to get freebies, the trial will involved a lot of work, and blood test costs will be the responsibility of the participant.

Participants must also be very consistent trainers and be very consistent with their diets. If you are (for example) starting a cut, this would not be suitable as a drastic reduction in calrories will affect results here. Obviously anyone who has recently done a course of A/S wouldn't bbe a suitable candidate either.

Being able to report back to me (and preferably on the board) your results is important, with logs required at least once per week.

If however you were thinking of getting bloods done and match the criteria above, please let me know. This should be a very interesting experiment for those involved as well as anyone lookig on.

Looking forward to seeing the results :)

With the construction of the study, can I make a suggestion?

It would be perfect if calorie intake was set (I.E 40cals/kg), macronutrients set and training frequency and style was also consistent (same amount of days, reps and sets) between the participants for the duration of the study.

That way the intangibles are equal and a more accurate measure can be taken with out any outside 'interference' so to speak. A more controlled study will give more credible results/information.

Mate already jumped, at 43 I think I might need it, just not sure if I am a suitable subject:)

A more controlled study will give more credible results/information.

Agreed - seeing as we're throwing some 'science' at this proposition, why not make it Alan Aragon flameproof :) and really follow some strict protocols (as much as possible)?

Agreed - seeing as we're throwing some 'science' at this proposition, why not make it Alan Aragon flameproof :) and really follow some strict protocols (as much as possible)?
Hahaha I'm sure if something has holes in it Alan will find them :D

To be completely anal, the timing of supplementation and training should also be consistent between all participants. Similar age groups should be used, if not at least 2 of each similar age group.

I think that covers most bases on top of the suggestions already mentioned :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but is this supposed to increase test beyond 'normal' levels, or will it boost low subjects up to 'normal' levels.

I am assuming a test booster in a 21 year old would do nothing, but might help someone in their 40's or 50's. Is this correct, or is this what the trail is supposed to establish??

Correct me if I am wrong, but is this supposed to increase test beyond 'normal' levels, or will it boost low subjects up to 'normal' levels.

I am assuming a test booster in a 21 year old would do nothing, but might help someone in their 40's or 50's. Is this correct, or is this what the trail is supposed to establish??
Typically speaking, a 21 SHOULD have above average testosterone levels. So yes, little results would be expected. With that said, and like you mentioned, at male in their 40's and 50's SHOULD have below average testosterone levels. So the expect results should be more pronounced.

But having a study done on subjects with 'normal' as well as below 'normal' with give a good indication of the effectiveness/potency. An increase in testosterone levels for someone with 'normal' levels will be a real achievement.

As with the D-Apartic Acid testosterone study it was done on subjects with low testosterone and the results where nothing to write home about nor unexpected IMO. So that really does not give us a clear indication of it's overall effectiveness/potency.

I'm interested to see the results as not much credibility can be taken from the 'studies' done and used by the American supplement companies. If it does come back that it only had an effect on subjects with low testosterone levels, well that should finally stop all the hype (promotion of a supplement like an AAS) and need surrounding testosterone boosters and that they are only worth while for people with KNOWN low testosterone levels.

A blinded placebo would help make the results more credible.

So people in the trial don't know if they are taking the test booster or a placebo and compare the results of people taking the placebo Vs the test booster.

Just giving people a test booster and getting before and after blood results is open for a lot of criticism as the results can be just placebo effect.

A blinded placebo would help make the results more credible.

So people in the trial don't know if they are taking the test booster or a placebo and compare the results of people taking the placebo Vs the test booster.

Just giving people a test booster and getting before and after blood results is open for a lot of criticism as the results can be just placebo effect.
This, I can not believe I forgot the placeBRO effect :D

So do test levels show when you get a blood test done at the doctors???

What would be considered normal, for say a 20yo, compared to a 40yo, what symptoms would low test have??

I have wondered about this for a little while now.

I doubt there would be a placebo affect on the blood tests as they would be done by a 100% independent laboratory that would not even be aware of the products taken by the test subject.

I doubt there would be a placebo affect on the blood tests as they would be done by a 100% independent laboratory that would not even be aware of the products taken by the test subject.

It's nothing to do with the laboratory.

Placebo involves the subject changing their chemical or physiological response to the belief that the substance taken will create a certain effect. In this case, being told you were taking a Test booster *might* be enough to raise your Test as your brain seeks to fulfill what you believe. So you would have a placebo group to monitor, so that this effect could be observed, if present during the trial.

I see what you are saying, but that would mean it works either way, test up, I don't care how or why:)

But yes you make a good point.

I see what you are saying, but that would mean it works either way, test up, I don't care how or why:)

It would, yes, except it rarely happens that way and the placebo effect is very unlikely when you're talking about testosterone increases, as we've seen from years and years of previous hormone research. Would that it was as easy as thinking yourself stronger, bigger, higher etc!!

The placebo group, also known as a Control Group, acts as a base normaliser. If nothing is happening in their group, but something is radically affected in the other test group, then you have the basis to ask - 'what was different between the two groups'. You can then break down the individual elements that varied between the two, hoping to isolate the factor(s) that caused the difference in response.

I'm definitely keen.

I'm about 10-12 weeks away from ending my cut, would that qualify? Been going for about 14 weeks or so.

There hasn't been any drastic cut in calories (just a slow steady drop over time).

Any effects of cutting calories on my test levels should have already manifested by now, so should be interesting to see how they help with the process.

Test up is test up (if thats what happens):)

But personally I doubt test will be up via a placebo, I think it will take more than that:rolleyes:

Mick if the placebo and the booster have the same results, eg both increase by similar amount, it most likely means that the booster does not work.

You need a placebo group otherwise the results basically tell you nothing worthwhile.

You probably also need a control group that do nothing as well so you can compare the placebo and booster group with.

Looking forward to seeing the results :)

With the construction of the study, can I make a suggestion?

It would be perfect if calorie intake was set (I.E 40cals/kg), macronutrients set and training frequency and style was also consistent (same amount of days, reps and sets) between the participants for the duration of the study.

That way the intangibles are equal and a more accurate measure can be taken with out any outside 'interference' so to speak. A more controlled study will give more credible results/information.

Great idea Kev, so much so that I would love to put you in charge of doing this :) The more consistent we can make things the better, the idea here is to absolutely take out all variables.
One thing we do have to ensure though, is that any diets don't vary the amount of calories that the participants have been consuming.
Both guys who are interested so far seem quite consistent though so we will just tighten that up.

Guys, there is one spot left here, Peter, given you are dieting I don't think you are suitable. A pity, as I know you would be very consistent with this.