• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The best advice I could give.

If you want a simple way to cut through the bullshit in your training, then don't ask everyone else to figure it out for you.

Ask yourself why you are doing everything you are doing.

And be honest about the question and the answer.

For example;
Why am I doing good mornings?

Is it because someone told you it would raise your squat and deadlift?

Or because you have weak hamstrings and know this? And how do you know this? Because someone told you?

Or because you figured out that your hips shoot up high at the start of a deadlift and your strength off the floor is incredibly weak?

Asking the right questions will give you the right answers.
Then training can be maximized as well.

Are you training the way you do because;

Is it because Bodybuilder-X does? Or because powerlifter X does? Because some soviet comrade told you to?

I could go to any Internet forum and see the same discussions over and over...

Most often, however, young guys decide to use a training plan and then they search out the confirmation of others through boards that tell them they are on the right path. They ask for permission rather than forgiveness. Then the insanity ensues

Ask yourself GOOD questions.

Why are you doing the things you are doing.

If something fails, understand why it did (to the best of your ability)
Then set goals based on that.

Never compare yourself to others

At 20 or even 30 you have many years to figure it out.

Be patient.

You are pretty wise Silverback!! I like this train of thinking. After reading Arnold's book it has made me aware that everything we do should be analysed. Do I recover better if I train at night or in the morning? How does this exercise effect my muscles? How does doing that few extra reps effect me? Instead of just going through the motions every training session, step back and look at why and how.

Unfortunately mate you're preaching to choir.
The people who don't think like this - won't think like this.
The people that do think like this - don't need to be told.

Someone once said;

" there are only two types of people in this world-

The first group are ignorant, the second are stupid-

Ignorant we all are, well the first group.

We try something it doesn't work we learn we try something else until we find what works through trial and error, experience.

The second group of stupid people will never learn, stuck in their own little world.

There is no hope for these people it's genetic.

The only way to deal with these people is violence, beat the shit out of them and walk away.

You might not make a change...but damn you will feel good and that person will at least think before saying something stupid."

One of the most troublesome obstacles standing in the way of any meaningful purpose of learning is quite simple.

Fear...a fear of appearing stupid, dumb.
Which is a huge mistake in itself, this saying applies most aptly.

"Don't just stand there, do something."