• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The bodybuilding way of life

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Did you ever think about what we're doing to our body when we train like we do day in day out, follow a diet high in protein, low in carbs (and sometimes low in fiber)? Do you enjoy this way of life or did you ever think of quitting because it was too hard, that you had too many injuries or some major health issues?

I would say most people do it because they love training - I don't think I will ever stop training - even if it gets to a point where I am only hitting the gym acouple times a week and doing some cardio - I love to train, I love the feeling and I love the results I get.

I think the Pros 100% out weigh any cons i.e injuries that you may get over the years, having to eat cleaner than the "normal" person etc etc....

I don't think eating more protein than avg is unhealthy etc - aslong as you don't go to extreme for extended periods of time. Training, eating clean (most of the time) and living a "healthy" lifestyle.....cant see anything wrong with that.

All the time Admin, all the time.
worry about joins, the effect constant inflammation may have and am concerned that the large doses is protein (and food in general) I consume work my organs hard.
Have some concerns about the ticker and the extra distance (due to muscle gain) it has to pump around, could be wearing it out prematurely, dunno.
Feet hurt sometimes too on floorboards, they were designed for a kunce 30kg lighter.
So, yes, definitely some concerns on my mind, but still healthier than the couch potato option.
Watched an interview with this rti-athlete, forgot his name, but what caught my attention is when he said the since retirement he has never felt better. When competing he said he was always injured, inflamed, tired, couldn't sleep at night and just wanted to fall asleep during the day and constant blood tests. Mentioned he was always sore and uncomfortable day and night, but since retirement he feels and sleep like a newborn.
i could relate to that.