• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The only two stretches you need

hi is there a good stretch for my groin apart from the dog piss style against a chair or something. the other day i deadlifted 106 kg and heard something pop in the groin region i have been experiencing pain in that region last 2 days not sure if its muscle or joint but doesnt feel good not sure if i need to stretch hip flexior but pain is definately in the right groin region.

Don't stretch your groin man
Just do these two stretches every day like I wrote and see what happens

hi is there a good stretch for my groin apart from the dog piss style against a chair or something. the other day i deadlifted 106 kg and heard something pop in the groin region i have been experiencing pain in that region last 2 days not sure if its muscle or joint but doesnt feel good not sure if i need to stretch hip flexior but pain is definately in the right groin region.

Last thing you wanna be doing is stretching it if you've just injured it. ICE it and if you have a foam roller use that that to loosen it up a bit. Just got over a strained groin, lots of foam rolling, ice and strengthening exercises fixed it up.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

stretching is a grey area IMO. Someone who is very unflexible is obviously going to benefit from a bit more and someone who is very flexible should be working more on stability. In practice, it seems that people like to do what they are good at, so we see desk jockeys who can't touch their toes doing SFA stretching and crazy flexible (most of the time) ladies doing a heap of stretching.

Weird.

Me personally, I do hip flexor, hamtstring, groin, thoracic spin mobility (which also does pecs) and then the lat stretch. I'm super tight and if I don't do that I cannot squat to depth.

IMO PL has a faily low demand on flexibility and you should be striving for better, as far as long-term injury prevention, comfort and posture

E.g being able to hit good oly lifting positions like an upright calf on hammies squat, front squat shelf position and full range overhead.

Most people seem to be overly tight also in the calves, hammies and shoulder rotation.

Face pulls are awesome for shoulder/rotator cuff strength and flexibility and should be done every pressing session.

Last edited:
that torso stretch is really good i have been doing 50 pull ups everyday and my chest is tight shoulders etc notice i stand with pecs out to much and this stretch helps loosen it all up. groin is better now with that pro posal stretch i also notice if you stick oppersit arm straight up or other side it will stretch even more also the abs flexor too.

Would shoulder dislocations have the same benefit as the bent-over lat stretch? I like to do dislocations in between every set that I do and can really feel my shoulders and lats getting a good working over. (works well particularly for low bar squats to prepare for narrower grip on the bar)

Good

I do these plus sitting into my hips and pushing knees out with elbows, plus rolling my back..

I see guys where I train spend 30minutes+ stretching before training

Each to their own but