• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The repetition

The rep

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fast reps don't build muscle?

Interesting, what about olympic weightlifters, they do the fastest movements of all.

I don't bother worrying about how fast i am lifting a weigh, i just lift it and put it back down with the same speed, regardless of whether it's a barbell curl or a max effort squat.

Most olympic lifters I have seen also do pretty good form squats. Their leg development is often phenomenal., at least in their quads

Yes, the speed part of training is important, but silverbacks debate over the ideal rep even makes a lot of sense for conditioning weight lifters.

eccentric loading will improve protein synthesis more than anything else
but there is only so far nitrogen balance can go
buttloads of concentrics, all day every day will also push nitrogen balance just as high
it just takes more
this is why rest/pause is so good, essentially getting in a tonne of volume without actually doing it

Hardly stuck, i just prefer results over people fluffing about in the gym worrying about a 3 second negative phase.

For me I like to have controlled, steady movements pos and neg. Thought both are at the same speed, as someone said, its about lack of momentum.

Pick something up, put something in the air and perform a deep knee bend. That's all you need :)

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto.