• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The slingshot

0ni

Registered Rustler
Lets get a slingshot thread going.
Let me know if you've used a slingshot or know people that have, the loading protocols you used and the results

I bought the reactive slingshot and my heavy bench training will be 6x3 with a long pause on every rep then adding the slingshot and working up to a max set of 2 with a long pause on every rep. This has worked well for me before so I'm hoping adding the slingshot into the works will also give good results

We've got some really heavy duty sling shots arriving in about 3 weeks. I gave a sample out to (name slips me now, can't remember!)

Will be giving a few more out for comparison and reviews, particularly if you've used another brand of sling shot - so 0ni I will be in touch if you're interested.

You can have a look here;

Super Heavy Iron Slingshot

I've had a quick going over with it, and this is really tough stuff - so would be great to see the comparison. For something so simple, they're very expensive to manufacture.

Mate you bench 90kg, you don't need a slingshot.

This is what I thought, but others seemed fairly convinced that I'd benefit from one. I'll give it 6 weeks and we shall see. I literally have nothing to lose, it's not as if I can get weaker

We've got some really heavy duty sling shots arriving in about 3 weeks. I gave a sample out to (name slips me now, can't remember!)

Will be giving a few more out for comparison and reviews, particularly if you've used another brand of sling shot - so 0ni I will be in touch if you're interested.

You can have a look here;

Super Heavy Iron Slingshot

I've had a quick going over with it, and this is really tough stuff - so would be great to see the comparison. For something so simple, they're very expensive to manufacture.

That would be great thanks but you're probably best off giving them out to people like Sticky, Danimal, Sumo or Trent who train with a lot of people and would get more use out of it. I don't like the look of the stronger ones, I already get a fair bit of overload with the weakest slingshot and as a raw bencher don't feel the need for anything stronger

This is what I thought, but others seemed fairly convinced that I'd benefit from one. I'll give it 6 weeks and we shall see. I literally have nothing to lose, it's not as if I can get weaker

Don't get me wrong it may work, but my opinion is you're better off saving it for when you stall at say 150kg not 90kg. Anyway let us know how it goes mate, good luck!

That would be great thanks but you're probably best off giving them out to people like Sticky, Danimal, Sumo or Trent who train with a lot of people and would get more use out of it. I don't like the look of the stronger ones, I already get a fair bit of overload with the weakest slingshot and as a raw bencher don't feel the need for anything stronger

Yep already been in touch with Scott over this, he's another prime candidate!

Cheers

Does it help keep you tight and strengthen whatever muscles hold an arch?

I have trouble holding an arch repping. E.g. on the 10th rep of 100kgx10 I am flatter than when I started. Sometimes I cock up on heavier weights too which is worse.

I have trouble holding an arch repping. E.g. on the 10th rep of 100kgx10 I am flatter than when I started. Sometimes I cock up on heavier weights too which is worse.

I don't think a slingshot would help with this. Tightness is isometric strength so it makes sense to train it with isometrics. Long pauses on the chest should help. A slingshot does the opposite, it removes the stress at the bottom so you don't need to contract as hard to stay tight. I guess looking at it that way it would be "easier" to maintain tightness with the same weight with the slingshot but it doesn't fix the problem it's just a band aid

In a word, no

Slingshot is good for strengthening mid range and lock out, as well as getting in more volume

If you can hold tightness and full arch for 10 reps that's a solid effort. I usually save the really tight setup and arch for sets above 85%, below that and i just don't see the point.

I will be adding the slingshot into my training after Nats, as well as shirted bench.

I used the slingshot for about 12/15 sessions over a month, doing about 6 sets 2- 5 reps between 85 and 95% of my slingshot max every session and got awesome results. I'm bench only at the moment so that helps, but i found that huge volume and intensity was really manageable with the slingshot,even with my shitty elbow and shoulder. Awesome tool, allowed me to train 3 times as often as i usually can for bench.

I used the slingshot for about 12/15 sessions over a month, doing about 6 sets 2- 5 reps between 85 and 95% of my slingshot max every session and got awesome results. I'm bench only at the moment so that helps, but i found that huge volume and intensity was really manageable with the slingshot,even with my shitty elbow and shoulder. Awesome tool, allowed me to train 3 times as often as i usually can for bench.

The slingshot will allow you to train more frequently and with higher volume? Interesting

I have only used my slingshot for form. I have barely used it in my training sessions but a chunk of that was to do with not having a spotter. I have found out that a bench press with a slingshot can turn into a skullcrusher pretty quickly!

I've used a reactive slingshot for 8-9 weeks recently. Monday was heavy triples raw, Thursday heavy triples with slingshot.

I enjoyed it and will be using it again, just gotta grab a bigger size.

I got around 20-30kg out of the reactive one.

You going equipped Moons? 20-30 out of the blue is pretty impressive

I have only used my slingshot for form. I have barely used it in my training sessions but a chunk of that was to do with not having a spotter. I have found out that a bench press with a slingshot can turn into a skullcrusher pretty quickly!

It will only turn into that if your technique is not very good (personal experience)

While it is a bit more forgiving than a shirt, I've found it's easier to lose support altogether from the slingshot if you do something wrong

You going equipped Moons? 20-30 out of the blue is pretty impressive

It will only turn into that if your technique is not very good (personal experience)

While it is a bit more forgiving than a shirt, I've found it's easier to lose support altogether from the slingshot if you do something wrong

I have used both, and the slingshot is easier for me than the shirt, the shirt has so many more variables including the pain lol. That's just for me.