• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The sunnies are pretty badass

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Hkzy_ANXc&feature=youtube_gdata_player]high school max effort squat .wmv - YouTube[/ame]

haha this guy again, good on him for getting kids into lifting but do they really need suits and told their going too deep??

what's with the epic wide stances? they do it for everything - even deadlifting :\

It was popularised by Louie Simmons and Westside Barbell.

Sumo stance deadlifts work ok raw, but raw Wide stance squats would probably rip your hips apart. Mainly an equipped thing

Sumo stance deadlifts work ok raw

Nope, who told you that? Wide stance sumo deadlift (not the narrow Ed Coan one that some guys here use incl myself) will murder your hips without the suit.

I guess it depends on where you draw the line on what you constitute a "sumo" stance.

Technically you still pull sumo, even though your toes don't touch the plates.
Even Fuzz has been moving his feet out slightly further to reduce ROM.

Keep in mind that I squat with an almost closer than shoulder width stance (that is probably even narrower than my conventional dead lol) so everything is wide to me :p

Plus there are other variables such as recovery time etc etc etc

Wide stance sumo feels very different to the Ed Coan sumo, which Fuzzy still does. You get hurt in other parts of your hip & legs, for starters. :D I've done both, and have enjoyed getting out of bed the morning after tremendously...

Your body doesn't get fucked right away as you start (raw) but the longer you do it, the more you'll get to that point where your hip kills you.

Those wide stance equipped sumo deadlifters you see mostly train conventional anyway, so they can save their hip.

It really depends on the brand.

So can't say sorry.

The black 41" from Iron Edge are about 100kg at 6' from memory, as a completely unrelated reference lol