• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

the way my body grows

BoyFromAus

I've been following beginner's program by Markos, since October last year. I've been making kickass strength gains overall. I'm almost there in making all the 1RMs.

Something I have noticed is that my chest muscles (in terms of strength and size ) develop quicker than my legs, upper back and arms.

What could this be due to (or is it just my genetics), and do you know how I can change this?

for example, is it a good idea to do Close grip Bench press instead of standard Bench Press?

thanks,

i wouldn't look too much into it. the reason your bench is higher is because you were probably benching alot more before you starting squatting, most people are like this. it could also be genetic.

the bigger the chest the better in my opinion so i wouldn't want to limit my chest growth by doing Close grip. i would just leave the program as is until your finished with it and then you can focus on bringing up your lagging bodyparts. nice work.

With Markos beginner program are you doing the 20 reppers on the squats?

How many times per week are you squatting? I got my biggest leg gains when i was squatting 4 times per week and mixing up the reps. Never did 20 reppers though so hoping by adding them in i will see some more gains.

Im kinda the opposite, my legs grow more than everything else.

i wouldn't look too much into it. the reason your bench is higher is because you were probably benching alot more before you starting squatting, most people are like this. it could also be genetic.

the bigger the chest the better in my opinion so i wouldn't want to limit my chest growth by doing Close grip. i would just leave the program as is until your finished with it and then you can focus on bringing up your lagging bodyparts. nice work.

cheers for the info m8... coming to think of it, I have trained my chest much more than my legs.. When I first started (and had no clue on what i was doing), all i'd ever do was bench, curls and upper body... and thru out childhood, I never got into sports. So that probably explains why my legs are just waking up now.

aiight, so i'll get my baseline strength up (up and beyond those lifts) and then focus on lagging parts.