• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Theory i have

Comparing swimming to sprinting, people of African descent have a higher center of gravity in comparison to people of European descent. This helps with sprinting and hinders them with swimming. Maybe something similar could be said for Asians and speed skating...

There are genetic differences that greatly influence performance... We see a lot of good Olympic lifters from the Black Sea region..

Yeah, he's a clean living guy who just likes mama's cooking?

Not saying he isn't an incredible athelete. I'm just skeptical that its all clean living. He must be a good influence because his team mates are also now putting down some impresive times.

Even more impresive given I suspect a lot of the guys he has to beat are on drug programs.

Last edited:
I have no reason to doubt that Bolt is clean
Athletes take steroids to get stronger, it doesn't make technique better or really allow them to train harder. Bolt is weak as fuck as shown in his videos, his strength is simply not the limiting factor in his training. I doubt steroids would even do that much for him, possibly even make him worse

yeah great read @Silverback

theres no doubt bolt uses. no doubt at all. just like lance armstrong.

according to this forum, every athlete in every discipline is on enough gear to make Ronnie Coleman jealous :rolleyes:

Maybe it's all just Mutant Mass and Celltech?

according to this forum, every athlete in every discipline is on enough gear to make Ronnie Coleman jealous :rolleyes:

Maybe it's all just Mutant Mass and Celltech?

8 SCOOPS OF MUTANT MASS
vL0o7J9.png

Ok, I have finished my first week was buggered early on in the week even though my volume is less, the 10 sets @ 90% really buggered me.

Mentally it's a bit of a struggle as I don't think I have done enough.

I was not aware most successful pl programs included speed days: rts, sheiko, juggernaut, PTC, 531 Bulgarian and Texas methods to name a few are all successful (although not all are exclusive pl methods) and none include a speed day as such. To my knowledge the primary driving force behind the inclusion of a speed day is the west side method (and the derivatives of it) which is by no means the only successful method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did Rich Piana really unintentionally mispell thinking?

Nah it's a meme, this is the original. People make different versions. There is one of scooby that says "thingken of natty" and one of Jeff Seid that says "thingken of cookies"

thingken+of+life_003068_4384478.png

Comparing swimming to sprinting, people of African descent have a higher center of gravity in comparison to people of European descent. This helps with sprinting and hinders them with swimming. Maybe something similar could be said for Asians and speed skating...

There are genetic differences that greatly influence performance... We see a lot of good Olympic lifters from the Black Sea region..

The problem with that argument is that Africa doesn't actually produce great sprinters. Its the USA that produces great sprinters.

You could have also have said soccer players. Africa produces all kinds of great sports people.

The question is that if African Americans are genetically better sprinters then why don't we see Africa producing great sprinters?

I'm suggesting that race card is a little over played and that there are a number of other factors at play.

You could have also have said soccer players. Africa produces all kinds of great sports people.

The question is that if African Americans are genetically better sprinters then why don't we see Africa producing great sprinters?

I'm suggesting that race card is a little over played and that there are a number of other factors at play.

Its selective breeding. Afro Americans were bred for size and strength during slavery. It was like evolution on speed

Its selective breeding. Afro Americans were bred for size and strength during slavery. It was like evolution on speed

This is it, as I stated before a sort of mini evolutionary event.
but not so much bred for size and strength, more-so, " the strongest shall survive" type situation.

I was just going to add, regarding the original point, I think that strong OH pressing translates reasonably well to prone pressing. The reason they may have a strong bench is less to do with their chest and more to do with their shoulders.