• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Thin 16 Year Old Muscle Building

H

hudds

I got shown this site by a friend at school so thought i would ask my questions

I'm around 6ft i'm quite skinny weighing in at 60 kilograms with not much of muscle build. I have been lifting weights but it doesn't seem to be working haven't noticed much of a difference, also no matter how much i eat i don't seem to gain much weight. One good thing about it that i do have a six pack but due to the lack of fat but that's just about all i have have nothing else to compliment it

Any tips on helping to building up my muscles up and dieting techniques would be greatly appreciated. the areas that i would like to look good around are my pecs and arm muscles my upper body

Thanks

Have you worked out your caloric intake and how much calories you consume? For a hard gainer that wants to put on size you should be consuming at least 3500+ calories a day with 2 times your bodyweight in protein (lbs). This is a basic rule of thumb. Also, you do not want to be hitting the gym everyday, 3X per week for the beginner is sufficient.
With all the basic compund exercises such as deadlift, squat and bench, there really is no reason for you to not grow, just give it time.

Whats are your stats? such as age, how long youve been lifting etc.

If you're not puting on weight you simply aren't eating enough.

Eat more, grow more.
Rest and sleep enough.

Find a routine and stick to it for a few months, your diet you might think you eat heaps but is it all the healthy things?
And don't forget about giving it time, this is a marathon not a sprint.

How long have you been training? Results don't happen over night. It was around a year before i started to notice a great difference.

Diet- Try spitting your meals into 6 smaller meals. Allows you to eat more. You'll also be less bloated with makes it easier to train. Go for nutrient dense foods; foods with high calories and nutrients in small portions as opposed to filling foods.

Routine- working with a partner is better for me. More motivation and help to push out that last muscle failure rep. Go for free weights. Should be able to control the wieght with good form for atleast 8 reps. So bascially train with a weight heavy enough for 8-10 reps and make sure the last two reps are difficult.