• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Timing of supplement taking

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
I am wondering if the timing of taking supplements is important or not? I know for instance that multivitamins should be taken with food, but would it be more effective if they were taken before a workout to give the body the nutrients it needs to perform, or after as a recovery measure?

what sort of supplements ?

tablets and capsules take time to dissolve.

Depends on what the supplement is as well.

Like bcaa or protein shake after a workout

Workouts do deplete the body of micronutrients but what I've most heard and do is to take a multi in the morning.

Fish oil throughout the day.

Creatine throughout the day but particulary important pre workout.

Protein throughout the day but important last thing at night and first thing in the morning due to the overnight fasting.

BCAAs pre and post workout.

^^ why is creatine important pre workout ? I was always under the impression it was best absorbed post work in a shake etc .

I was led to believe taking creatine every day would eventually reach saturation after a week or so and thus wouldn't matter when you had it....

saturation/level important pre workout.....taken anytime though!

Judging from what I've seen and read here with people's diets and their results, your body really doesn't give a shit when you take them, as long as it's taken on a regular basis it all gets worked through in the mix.

thats good then.. I take creatine and protein postworkout (for conveneince), fish oil before bed, and multis whenever I remember to take 'em, but it always 'feels' better if I take them pre workout for some reason.