• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Topic of the Week- Is Glutamine An Effective Supplement?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Topic of the Week- Is Glutamine An Effective Supplement?

Glutamine is supplemented that debated over a lot , one camp says it is great the other camp says it is a waste of money and does nothing. However many bodybuilders still regard it as standard supplement many will argue its effects.

Is glutamine an effective supplement?

What kind of results can glutamine deliver?
Which brands of glutamine would you recommend?

Have you ever used glutamine? Did you notice any effects from using it?

No. Unless you intravenously inject it and have muscle wasting due to a disease (aids, cancer etc).

No. Unless you intravenously inject it and have muscle wasting due to a disease (aids, cancer etc).

This.

Unfortunately it is one of the most OVER-RATTED supplements of all time. On 'paper' it sounds like a worth while supplement, but as Dave said, unless you are a burns victim or cancer sufferer it will be useless in health individuals. A very expensive gut liner and 'digestive' aid.

Very expensive?!?! It's under 20$/kg from some places, maybe it's expensive from GNC

Yeah but you need to take a hell of a lot for it to 'work'. 30-50g a training session is recommended (assuming it works). So that adds up to 10x the price of creatine for example

Yeah but you need to take a hell of a lot for it to 'work'. 30-50g a training session is recommended (assuming it works). So that adds up to 10x the price of creatine for example
When if most people just consumed 30-50 grams more protein, the benefits profound unlike with similar amounts of L-Glutamine. As explained in the last paragraph in that study I posted.

But as Morgan said, each to their own.........

Recent studies show Creatine and HMB as being the the best supplements , peer medical studies as well, i stack both (Bulk Nutrients) and recovery and DOMS is much better, almost non exisent DOMS.

AZZA

Recent studies show Creatine and HMB as being the the best supplements , peer medical studies as well, i stack both (Bulk Nutrients) and recovery and DOMS is much better, almost non exisent DOMS.

AZZA

Please provide links to said studies on HMB.

Please provide links to said studies on HMB.
I highly doubt that there will be any credible studies on HMB that have a positive findings. Without looking into any studies (which I will look for), I suspect that HMB will not give any better results than studies done on supplemented L-Leucine or even BCAA for that matter.

Unless all the EAA's are present, protein synthesis will not be effected/promoted by HMB, L-Leucine or BCAA supplementation.

I highly doubt that there will be any credible studies on HMB that have a positive findings. Without looking into any studies (which I will look for), I suspect that HMB will not give any better results than studies done on supplemented L-Leucine or even BCAA for that matter.

Unless all the EAA's are present, protein synthesis will not be effected/promoted by HMB, L-Leucine or BCAA supplementation.

You just ruined the lesson man. COME ON!

If you feel you need the security blanket and money to waste, go for it.

Overrated imo.

You need to ask yourself why people such as Poliquin would have such a vested interest. I think he is a great coach, and some of his insights while dogmatic on occasion - are informative.

However, look at his store. 'Fast Brain 2.0', 'Uber Zinc'.

etc etc.

Yeah.

You need to ask yourself why people such as Poliquin would have such a vested interest. I think he is a great coach, and some of his insights while dogmatic on occasion - are informative.

To make $$$ simple as that. He also knows he has a large following and most of them will not question his suggestions, so it is just another way to make an income.

If you feel you need the security blanket and money to waste, go for it.

Overrated imo.

etc etc.

Yeah.

It took him a while but he knows where the money is going to come from for.his retirement plan.