• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Topic of the week - What Should You Look For In A Protein Powder?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member

What Should You Look For In A Protein Powder?

You know you need to be taking a protein supplement,but the question is which one?

Head to any of the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding Sponsors (bioflex , bulk nutrients , amino z , Pure Supplements) and you'll a swag of protein powders to choose from which can be rather confusing choosing which one is the best one to get

How do you choose which one to buy?
What are the best protein powders for fat loss, muscle maintenance, sports performance, and muscle building?
Does price matter or should you look for the cheapest one?
Should you stick to one type of protein or change things up ?

Why are your recommendations the best?

What is the best tasting protein powder that you have ever had? What is the worst?

Flavoured wpc for me. And also good customer service. And someone that supports the industry. Bulk Nutrients gets my vote.

And cheap wpc is all you need really. No need for casein ect.

Falvored WPC is what i use. Best bang for buck.

Wouldn't mind trying some unflavored stuff probably WPI, see if there is any noticeable difference.

Personally not too fussed, weather it's WPC or WPI, I have both on hand at the moment, loving some of the new flavors, have bough from both, BN and No Bull sups, both provide great service and great prices.

Most of my stuff now comes from BN, but currently addicted to the amazing flavor of choc honeycomb....can't get enough of it:)

Used to use commercial stuff sold in supplement shops, have since learned better, cheaper and better products to be had from site sponsors here, and will be ordering again as soon as stocks run low!!

WPC as cheap as I can get it, that way I can smash more of it, but it has to taste at least ok. Been lucky with both requirements from one of the board sponsors so I'm happy.

I normally check shit like heavy metal and purity levels, arsenic etc, but as long as those are all ok (you'd be surprised what's in brands such as Muscle Milk and the cheaper bulk whey suppliers) I go for price

N.B - We recommended emptying the entire flavour satchel into your protein pouch or bucket, resealing the top and mixing. After a few minutes of tumbling you will have a great flavoured protein product

i dont get how this works, one satchal for 4kg, and if affects the macros by each 3.5gm, 13kj?

do people by natural or pre flavour?
Chocolate Flavouring

Chocolate Flavouring

Typical amount per 3.5g

Energy kj
Protein
Carbohydrates (sugars)
Fats (saturated)
Sodium50.3
1.7g (0.01g)
0.4g (0.26g)
2mg

WPC is really all you need but NO Bull have some very good tasting WPI at the moment so its an easy choice for me :)